News Photo Editor
- Full Time
The Wall Street Journal is seeking experienced news photo editors to join its team in New York.
What the position is:
This is an opportunity to join a dynamic and fast-paced team of photo editors. The positions will focus on National and General News and may include coverage in The Wall Street Journal’s core areas of business, career, and financial journalism.
Who we are looking for:
A photo editor with great range and journalistic integrity, who is able to produce complex photo assignments, perform strong agency and social media research, and work effectively within a large newsroom setting with bureaus around the world. This person must be able to work quickly and accurately on breaking news and enterprise stories, collaborating with the newsroom’s editors and section chiefs. A qualified candidate has at least 3-5 years experience in a photo editing role.
- Produce and build visual assets for news stories and enterprise content with attention to detail in a fast-paced newsroom, anticipating photographic needs as stories develop.
- Photography assigning: Commission original content, working with photographers, editors and reporters to tell narrative, investigative, feature and enterprise stories on all platforms including mobile and print.
- Pitch visually innovative and original approaches to stories, demonstrating an understanding of the different platforms and audiences.
- Collaborate with the audience and platform teams on social strategy and distribution of WSJ content
- An enthusiasm for good journalism and current events, coupled with keen news judgement
- A self-starter who can work independently as well as with a team
- Strong organizational, communication and collaborative abilities
- Proven deep research skills
- Knowledge of web tools and programs, including content management systems, Photoshop, PhotoMechanic, video editing tools, FTP, and social media tools such as Instagram, Facebook, and Twitter
- Experience with news gathering and research tools including Storyful, Factiva, Google Earth and DigitalGlobe
- Basic coding skills a plus
We're looking for both full-time staffers and contract workers.
Dow Jones , Making Careers Newsworthy
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, protected veteran status, or disability status. EEO/AA/M/F/Disabled/Vets .
Dow Jones is committed to providing reasonable accommodation for qualified individuals with disabilities, in our job application and/or interview process. If you need assistance or accommodation in completing your application, due to a disability, please reach out to us at TalentResourceTeam@dowjones.com . Please put “Reasonable Accommodation" in the subject line.
Business Area: NEWS/WSJ
Job Category: Art/Graphics Group
The Wall Street Journal is a global news organization that provides leading news, information, commentary and analysis. The Wall Street Journal engages readers across print, digital, mobile, social, and video. Building on its heritage as the preeminent source of global business and financial news, the Journal includes coverage of U.S. and world news, politics, arts, culture, lifestyle, sports, and health. It holds 38 Pulitzer Prizes for outstanding journalism. The Wall Street Journal is published by Dow Jones, a division of News Corp (NASDAQ: NWS, NWSA; ASX: NWS, NWSLV).
If you are a current employee at Dow Jones, do not apply here. Please go to the Career section on your Workday homepage and view "Find Jobs - Dow Jones." Thank you.
Req ID: 16415