At Future, Engineering is one of the major building pillars for company success. As we are continuing to grow the engineering presence in our New York office, you will be joining a team of other full stack developers of various levels (from Junior to Lead) to help them define – and build – the new generation of Future Platform. While our New York team is still relatively small, we always go beyond geographical boundary and partner with our larger engineering organization on a daily basis. As a larger team, we encourage full transparency and collaboration between both individual contributors, and across teams.
Job Summary & Purpose
Software Engineer is a full-stack development role that is expected to learn, and work with, various platforms spanning front-end and back-end stacks. The purpose of the role is to increase work cadence, bring fresh ideas and work with the team on building out the platform.
Key role responsibilities
- Pick up and assist with migration efforts, moving some of the legacy systems to the standardized Future platform.
- Work with primary stakeholders on daily tasks (Project Management, Commercial and Engineering).
- Assist with the front end platform development: develop templates and widgets, collaborate with other teams on implementation of new functionality..
- Keep improving development processes
Essential skills and experience
- Solid knowledge of PHP and experience with frameworks, such as Symfony
- Expertise with HTML5, CSS, SCSS and responsive design principles
- Comfortable with Linux shell and solid command of source control tools (git)
- Good understanding of Service Oriented Architecture and experience working with RESTful Web Services
- Strong interpersonal skills; ability to work well with both technical and non-technical members of the team
- Superb attention to detail and ability to accurately estimate work effort
- 3+ years of experience developing web applications
- Bachelor degree in CS or related discipline, and/or equivalent work experience
Nice to haves
- Working knowledge of Go
- Understanding of both hosted/hybrid and cloud (AWS) systems
- Interest in functional programming
- Good understanding and experience with GraphQL