- Full Time
At Future, Engineering is one of the major building pillars for company success. As we are continuing to grow the engineering presence in our New York office, you will be joining a team of other full stack developers of various levels (from Junior to Lead) to help them define – and build – the new generation of Future Platform. While our New York team is still relatively small, we always go beyond geographical boundary and partner with our larger engineering organization on a daily basis. As a larger team, we encourage full transparency and collaboration between both individual contributors, and across teams.
Job Summary & Purpose
Software Engineer is a full-stack development role that is expected to learn, and work with, various platforms spanning front-end and back-end stacks. The purpose of the role is to increase work cadence, bring fresh ideas and work with the team on building out the platform.
Key role responsibilities
- Pick up and assist with migration efforts, moving some of the legacy systems to the standardized Future platform.
- Work with primary stakeholders on daily tasks (Project Management, Commercial and Engineering).
- Assist with the front end platform development: develop templates and widgets, collaborate with other teams on implementation of new functionality..
- Keep improving development processes
Essential skills and experience
- Solid knowledge of PHP and experience with frameworks, such as Symfony
- Expertise with HTML5, CSS, SCSS and responsive design principles
- Comfortable with Linux shell and solid command of source control tools (git)
- Good understanding of Service Oriented Architecture and experience working with RESTful Web Services
- Strong interpersonal skills; ability to work well with both technical and non-technical members of the team
- Superb attention to detail and ability to accurately estimate work effort
- 3+ years of experience developing web applications
- Bachelor degree in CS or related discipline, and/or equivalent work experience
Nice to haves
- Working knowledge of Go
- Understanding of both hosted/hybrid and cloud (AWS) systems
- Interest in functional programming
- Good understanding and experience with GraphQL
Apply for Software Engineer
Already uploaded your resume? Sign in to apply instantly