News Digital Producer (Reporter)
Location: Miami, Florida
Function: Marketing & Communications
Specialty: Digital Marketing, Web Production
Level: Manager (Supervisor)
Duration: Full Time
Salary Description: competitive
Responsible for reporting, producing, coordinating, planning, and publishing content on the website, apps, social media accounts, and broadcast platformsResponsible for writing, editing and producing original stories Generates a wide variety of story ideas, research and set up the content and interviewsResponsible for conceptualizing and writing accurate Spanish-language news storiesWorks under the direct supervision of the Digital Managing Editor and is responsible for completing any other tasks as assigned by supervisor
• Master’s degree in Journalism, Communications or equivalent work experience
• Minimum 5 years of experience working in a newsroom
• Experience reporting and publishing in both English and Spanish digital outlets
• Experience in investigative reporting and politics coverage
• Proficient written and verbal communication in English and Spanish.
• Minimum 5 years of experience managing social media platforms
• Proven solid writing skills and editorial judgment
• Deep understanding of immigration issues and current political events
• Interested candidate must submit a resume/CV through www.nbcunicareers.com to be considered
• Must be willing to travel
• Must be 18 years or older
• Must be able to provide references from previous employers if requested
• Must be “on call” 24 hours a day / 7 days a week
• Must be willing to facilitate personnel requirements including late and/or last minute scheduling changes in a 24/7 production work environment.
• Must be available to work (whenever necessary for show production) early mornings, evenings, holidays, weekends, and natural disaster emergencies.
• Must be willing to travel as needed, sometimes on short notice.
• Master’s degree in Journalism, Communication, or related field preferred
• Experience in reporting on immigration
• Understanding of Python desired
• Basic coding skills are a plus
• Ability to produce and edit visual and audio content
• Accustomed to working in a team and collaborating with all levels within the organization
• Effective self-starter with the proven ability to generate and produce news stories and enterprise stories
• Proven excellent interpersonal skills combined with a strong sense of how to visually tell a compelling story desired
• Creative and highly organized
At NBCUniversal, we believe in the talent of our people. It’s our passion and commitment to excellence that drives NBCU’s vast portfolio of brands to succeed. From broadcast and cable networks, news and sports platforms, to film, world-renowned theme parks and a diverse suite of digital properties, we take pride in all that we do and all that we represent. It’s what makes us uniquely NBCU. Here you can create the extraordinary. Join us.
NBCUniversal’s policy is to provide equal employment opportunities to all applicants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, creed, gender, gender identity or expression, age, national origin or ancestry, citizenship, disability, sexual orientation, marital status, pregnancy, veteran status, membership in the uniformed services, genetic information, or any other basis protected by applicable law. NBCUniversal will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with relevant legal requirements, including the City of Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative For Hiring Ordinance, where applicable.