Vice President, Product & Design
Location: New York, New York
Function: Marketing & Communications
Specialty: Digital Marketing, Web Production
Level: Manager (Supervisor)
Duration: Full Time
Salary Description: competitive
The Vice President, Product and Design will help lead the digital properties for NBC News & MSNBC. She/he will be responsible for evolving the product roadmap to execute against the digital strategy and for delivering products that will delight users and become the envy of our peers. They will lead and inspire an outstanding creative team of product managers, UX, and design professionals.
As one of the critical leaders on the digital team, this person will own key products and programs from ideation to execution and will be a go-to leader for the newsroom, the technology team and the sales group. This person will need to cater to different stakeholders and be equally fluent in the editorial, technical and commercial worlds.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
· Partner with the Senior Vice President of Digital to evolve the go-to market strategy and conceive a product roadmap that will bring the strategy to fruition
· Drive the execution of the roadmap and deliver against agreed KPIs and objectives
· Collaborate across technology and editorial to ensure that the needs of both teams are incorporated in a balanced manner
· Communicate effectively to the senior management of NBC News, NBCUniversal and to the broader digital team to keep everyone informed of progress
· Work with research and analytics teams to set goals and ensure that they are being achieved
· Manage the product development budget and ensure effective spending across internal and external development projects
• Minimum of 10 years of product management experience with at least 5 years managing a team of significant size
• Demonstrated ability to drive product management, product planning, and marketing through launch
• Minimum 2 years’ experience working in a news organization or an ad-supported consumer-facing content company
• Understanding of the digital news competitive landscape and the broader digital ecosystem
• Proven understanding of mobile, text and streaming video content
• Ability to lead multiple projects simultaneously
• Strong editorial sensibility, coupled with a thorough understanding of digital technologies and platforms
• Strong executive communication skills
• Demonstrated ability to build and lead a cohesive and collaborative team
• Ability to collaborate and build successful relationships across multiple functions and business areas
• Strong ideation skills coupled with the ability to communicate and influence stakeholders
• Passion for news and digital journalistic content
• Critical thinker who has strong instincts, but is data driven
• Bachelor's degree desired; MBA a plus
NBCUniversal is one of the world’s leading media and entertainment companies in the development, production, and marketing of entertainment, news, and information to a global audience. NBCUniversal owns and operates a valuable portfolio of news and entertainment television networks, a premier motion picture company, significant television production operations, a leading television stations group, and world-renowned theme parks. It is the policy of NBCUniversal and NBCUniversal's affiliated businesses to consider all qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, sex (including pregnancy) sexual orientation, age, disability, veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.
NBCUniversal’s policy is to provide equal employment opportunities to all applicants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, creed, gender, gender identity or expression, age, national origin or ancestry, citizenship, disability, sexual orientation, marital status, pregnancy, veteran status, membership in the uniformed services, genetic information, or any other basis protected by applicable law. NBCUniversal will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with relevant legal requirements, including the City of Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative For Hiring Ordinance, where applicable.