Analyst, Yield Strategy and Monetization
Location: New York, New York
Function: Sales & Business Development
Specialty: Business Development, Sales
Level: Manager (Supervisor)
Duration: Full Time
Salary Description: competitive
Communicate with Finance, Sales Operations, Sales, Marketing and Programming/Scheduling departments on a frequent basisKeep abreast of industry news via trades to increase and strengthen knowledge of position and get a general/broad understanding of industry, including relevant sports properties
The NBC Sports Strategic Planning Team is seeking an Analyst, Innovation & Strategy who will be an integral member of the team and be responsible for providing support and analysis across the entire Sports Portfolio.
Duties and Responsibilities Efficient working within Powerpoint and Excel, including an in-depth understanding of how to manipulate data sets through excel functions, pivot tables, graphs and writing macros.Perform detailed account, category, and/or property analyses with manager to identify growth and innovation opportunities for the NBCUniversal Sports Group Ad Sales teamWorks with direct manager to provide upper management with CPM/revenue analyses to ensure that inventory is being utilized effectively and efficientlySupports manager with weekly reporting responsibilities, including property stewardship reports and cross portfolio packagesCollaborate with other planning and inventory members to analyze & monitor inventory and ratecards
• Four year degree (B.A.,B.S) from an accredited college of university – degree in mathematics, statistics, finance, economics is a plus
• Minimum 1 year of experience in media ad sales/research/strategy/analytics – Sports experience is a plus
• Expert understanding of Media Math
• Strong Analytical problem solving skills
• Proficient in Microsoft Office (Excel, Outlook, Word,
• The candidate must thrive in a fast-paced environment, possess a high level of intellectual curiosity, be focused on generating results and exhibit a high standard of professional work ethic.
• Be able to think creatively “out of the box” when faced with difficult problem statements and proactively think about the next steps of analysis without prompting from management.
• Interested candidates must submit a resume/CV through www.nbcunicareers.com to be considered
• Willingness to travel and work overtime, and on weekends with short notice
• Must be willing to work in New York, NY
• Must be willing to submit to a background investigation
• Must have unrestricted work authorization to work in the United States
• Must be 18 years or older
At NBCUniversal, we believe in the talent of our people. It’s our passion and commitment to excellence that drives NBCU’s vast portfolio of brands to succeed. From broadcast and cable networks, news and sports platforms, to film, world-renowned theme parks and a diverse suite of digital properties, we take pride in all that we do and all that we represent. It’s what makes us uniquely NBCU. Here you can create the extraordinary. Join us.
NBCUniversal’s policy is to provide equal employment opportunities to all applicants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, creed, gender, gender identity or expression, age, national origin or ancestry, citizenship, disability, sexual orientation, marital status, pregnancy, veteran status, membership in the uniformed services, genetic information, or any other basis protected by applicable law. NBCUniversal will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with relevant legal requirements, including the City of Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative For Hiring Ordinance, where applicable.