•Work with technical and news staff to satisfy production needs for live, taped and automated programming under supervision of Director and Operations management.
•Familiarity with 5.1 surround sound, up mixing, down mixing and operation of associated support equipment.
•Work creatively and collaboratively with Production and Operations management to establish sound production practices for the delivery of content within sports, news, and topical programming.
•Become fully knowledgeable in all aspects of operation and basic maintenance of the production audio systems including but not limited to: audio console, RTS intercom system programming, audio server routing, RF microphones and IFBs as well as other audio or communication related support systems
•Perform daily set-up operations and continuously monitor audio levels from all sources across multiple studios to ensure consistent quality in accordance with established industry standards and guidelines.
•Pro-actively and as directed, maintain the integrity of all associated audio and support equipment, notifying Operations management should anything require repair or replacement
•This is a part-time role that will be 3 days a week, 24 hours per week.
- Bachelor’s Degree (preferably in Communications) or equivalent work experience required
- Two (2) years of related A1 experience in live, multi-camera studio production
- Must be able to lift 25 lbs. and set / strike studio gear
- Previous experience with SSL audio boards, RTS intercom systems & ENCO audio servers a plus
- Configuration knowledge of the RTS Adam Edit communication system preferred
- Knowledge of all commonly used RF and wired microphones, IFB and PL systems
- Familiarity with NY sports
- Qualified applicants must demonstrate and maintain an understanding of established industry standards, equipment and quality control
- Proficiency in iNEWS or similar newsroom computer system a plus
- Excellent interpersonal & communication skills required
- Interested and qualified candidates must submit a resume/CV through www.nbcunicareers.com
- Must have unrestricted work authorization to work in the United States
- Must be covered by Solutions, NBCU’s Alternative Dispute Resolution Program
- Must be 18 years or older
- Must be willing to work in New York, NY
- Ability to travel as required
- It is the policy of NBCUniversal and NBCUniversal’ s affiliated businesses to consider all qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, sex (including pregnancy) sexual orientation, age, disability, veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.
Since its launch in 2006, SNY has established itself as the linear and digital home for all things New York sports. From our new state-of-the-art facilities at 4 World Trade Center, we develop more original NY sports news and entertainment content than anyone else in the industry.
NBCUniversal’s policy is to provide equal employment opportunities to all applicants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, creed, gender, gender identity or expression, age, national origin or ancestry, citizenship, disability, sexual orientation, marital status, pregnancy, veteran status, membership in the uniformed services, genetic information, or any other basis protected by applicable law. NBCUniversal will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with relevant legal requirements, including the City of Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative For Hiring Ordinance, where applicable.