Springer Nature is one of the world’s leading global research, educational and professional publishers. It is home to an array of respected and trusted brands and imprints, with more than 170 years of combined history behind them, providing quality content through a range of innovative products and services. Every day, around the globe, our imprints, books, journals and resources reach millions of people, helping researchers and scientists to discover, students to learn and professionals to achieve their goals and ambitions. The company has almost 13,000 staff in over 50 countries.
The Human Resources Information System (HRIS) Specialist is an exciting and fast paced opportunity within a dynamic Human Resources team. Working within a global organization, the primary focus of this position is to support the maintenance of the HRIS system in addition to the other systems supported by the team. The HRIS Specialist also supports upgrades, patches testing and other projects as assigned. This is an excellent growth opportunity collaborating with multiple business functions, as well as implementing and driving process improvements across all HR systems.
- Process various types of HR data transactions (e.g. new hires, rehires, terminations, salary adjustments, promotions, title changes, department and manager changes)
- Provide support, including researching and troubleshooting HRIS problems, unexpected results or process flaws, performing scheduled activities; recommending solutions or alternate methods to meet requirements.
- Write, maintain and support a variety of reports or queries using appropriate reporting tools.
- Assist in the development of standard reports for ongoing customer needs.
- Help maintain data integrity in systems by running queries and analyzing data.
- Design and develop user procedures, guidelines and documentation. Conduct training for end users on new processes and functionalities.
- Any other duties that can reasonably be expected of you.
Experience, skills and qualifications
- BA/BS with a minimum of 3 years of professional HR experience, specifically with HRIS, data transaction and strong data analysis skills
- Working knowledge of integrated HR Information Systems and MS Office Suite, particularly MS Excel
- Exceptional attention to detail and the ability to maintain data integrity
- Demonstrable project management skills with the ability to coordinate multiple projects, analyze data and develop recommendations
- Ability to work autonomously and adapt while managing competing priorities to produce quality deliverables and meet tight deadlines
- Adheres to strict confidentiality requirements and protection of sensitive HR data
- Experience within a global organization and ability to interact with various departments and levels of management a plus
- DayForce (Human Resources Information Systems) an advantage
- Systems Report Writing a plus
We offer a comprehensive benefits package that includes:
- Medical, Dental and Vision
- Life and AD&D
- Flexible Spending Accounts
- Transit Accounts
- Tuition Assistance
- Summer Hours
Springer Nature is an Equal Opportunity Employer that complies with the laws and regulations set forth in the following EEO Is
The Law Poster:
Visit the Springer Nature Editorial and Publishing website at www.springernature.com/editorial-and-publishing-jobs for more information about our Research E&P career opportunities.