Director DMS Sales
- Full Time
At Cox Automotive Retail Solutions, you will find a culture that rewards such entrepreneurial spirit. We empower our team members to make their own decisions for growing our business. We are looking for like-minded people who can share our passion for success.
The Director of Sales is responsible for their team's sale of defined products from the portfolio of software solutions to car dealership franchises within the region. The Director will typically be responsible for 5-7 direct reports and their team's sales goals, as well as proper recruiting, training, mentoring and performance management.
The Director of Sales will negotiate with car dealers, and possess an in depth knowledge of the end-to-end dealership operations. The Director will be frequently called upon to close deals with their team and is responsible for maintaining optimal revenue in each transaction.
Travel requirements are significant for this field-focused position.
- Manage the sales strategies for the portfolio according to its strategic plan, and assign all sales force activities to support rapid growth
- Manage the sales teams, operations and resources to deliver profitable growth
- Assess current sales methodologies, team structure, and propose/implement necessary adjustments to optimize performance
- Oversee the development of infrastructure and initiatives needed to facilitate aggressive growth and internal collaboration
- Lead operational and strategic efforts to increase the solution’s customer base, customer loyalty, revenue per customer and top-line financial growth for the business
- Play a leadership role in creating a culture of performance and success, with ongoing business and goal achievement
- Coach, recruit and mentor team members, resulting in highly skilled salespeople that meet or exceed sales goals
- Negotiate deals directly with franchise car dealerships on a variety of products categories
- Interact with Product Managers and Sales Leadership to help refine product and distribution strategies
- Monitor sales results and sales expectation achievement through salesforce.com and other tools
- Use the Challenger based selling approach to manage and successfully close complex sales opportunities
- Use insight and consultative selling techniques to provide feedback to clients on industry trends, strategies and challenges
- Partner with client stakeholders to build consensus for CA Retail Solutions products within their organization
- Independently and collaboratively strategize for solving deal-level challenges
- Bachelor’s Degree a plus
- At least 10 years of total experience in sales, retail car sales, technology or software sales, SaaS, etc.
- 3-5 years of sales management experience and experience managing a regional field sales team
- Proven track record of successfully selling automotive solution products at the highest level with demonstrated success
- Extensive knowledge of auto dealership operations
- Excellent time management, organization, and task prioritization skills
- Strong multi-tasking skills
- Exceptional organizer in delegation of team responsibilities and process
About Cox Automotive
Cox Automotive Inc. makes buying, selling and owning cars easier for everyone, while also enabling mobility services. The global company’s 34,000-plus team members and family of brands, including Autotrader®, Clutch Technologies, Dealer.com®, Dealertrack®, Kelley Blue Book®, Manheim®, NextGear Capital®, VinSolutions®, vAuto® and Xtime®, are passionate about helping millions of car shoppers, tens of thousands of auto dealer clients across five continents and many others throughout the automotive industry thrive for generations to come. Cox Automotive is a subsidiary of Cox Enterprises Inc., a privately-owned, Atlanta-based company with revenues exceeding $20 billion. www.coxautoinc.com
Cox is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer - All qualified applicants/employees will receive consideration for employment without regard to that individual’s age, race, color, religion or creed, national origin or ancestry, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, physical or mental disability, veteran status, genetic information, ethnicity, citizenship, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Statement to ALL Third-Party Agencies and Similar Organizations: Cox accepts resumes only from agencies with which we formally engage their services. Please do not forward resumes to our applicant tracking system, Cox employees, Cox hiring manager, or send to any Cox facility. Cox is not responsible for any fees or charges associated with unsolicited resumes.