Springer Nature is one of the world’s leading global research, educational and professional publishers. It is home to an array of respected and trusted brands and imprints, with more than 170 years of combined history behind them, providing quality content through a range of innovative products and services. Every day, around the globe, our imprints, books, journals and resources reach millions of people, helping researchers and scientists to discover, students to learn and professionals to achieve their goals and ambitions. The company has almost 13,000 staff in over 50 countries.
The Copy Editing Team Leader role is a a great opportunity to lead the US Research Journal copy editing team, ensuring timely and accurate processing of Research Journal content. You will work closely with the Head of Copy Editing, RJs, to promote consistency and standardization across the journal group.
- Oversee accurate and timely copy editing of all accepted front-half material to house style
- Ensure all proofread content is accurate and completed to the authors’ satisfaction as far as reasonably possible
- Support staff performance management, development plans and training
- Ensure work is distributed and prioritised effectively across the team to meet agreed turnaround times and production deadlines
- Monitor the standard of vendor copy editing and provide relevant feedback
- Encourage good working relationships within the team and ensure staff behave professionally
- Oversee professional communication between staff and external vendors
- Oversee freelance use
- Ad hoc duties as needed
Experience, skills and qualifications:
- Bachelor's degree
- Mimimum 4 years’ of experience in science journal publishing, including copy-editing relevant scientific content
- Excellent attention to detail and knowledge of the English language
- Ability to work individually and as part of a team
- Ability to work under pressure and to deadlines
- Collaboration and communication
- Flexibility and adaptability
- Planning and organization
We offer a comprehensive benefits package that includes:
- Medical, Dental and Vision
- Life and AD&D
- Flexible Spending Accounts
- Transit Accounts
- Tuition Assistance
- Summer Hours
Springer Nature is an Equal Opportunity Employer that complies with the laws and regulations set forth in the following “Equal Employment Opportunity Is The Law” poster: http://www.dol.gov/ofccp/regs/compliance/posters/pdf/eeopost.pdf.
Visit the Springer Nature Editorial and Publishing website at www.springernature.com/editorial-and-publishing-jobs for more information about our Research E&P career opportunities.