B2B Engineering Intern
- Full Time
Altice USA (NYSE: ATUS) is one of the largest broadband communications and video services providers in the United States, delivering broadband, pay television, telephony services, proprietary content and advertising services to approximately 4.9 million Residential and Business customers across 21 states through its Optimum and Suddenlink brands.
From high-speed broadband and ultra-HD video, to digital advertising solutions, local news and voice offerings, we are making connections possible around the country -- to businesses, to consumers, to communities, to schools, to hospitals, and everyone in between.
This internship encourages students to put their knowledge into practice while developing additional skills through business overviews, training, valuable on-the-job experience, team building events and structured feedback sessions. Our goal is to provide today’s talent with the training, exposure and motivation needed to grow into the leaders of tomorrow.
Interns in this role are responsible for analyzing, developing and evaluating Altice systems. This role works with a wide variety of stakeholders to meet various business requirements and allows for a seamless and exceptional customer experience. Interns may work in areas that include, but are not limited to, software engineering, network engineering, network operations, wireless systems, telecommunications engineering, and information technology.
Role and Responsibilities:
- Learn to Implement, Manage and Support Altice USA SD-WAN initiative including but not limiting to
- SD-WAN E2E implementation
- Service Controller
- VNF Manager
- OSS-BSS suite
- Integration of 3rd party solutions
- Managed WiFi
- 2nd SD-WAN vendor
- Security suite
- Cloud based new BSS-OSS implementation
- Integration with existing IT systems
- Learn the operations of the B2B network and services
- Learn to perform network optimization tasks.
- Participate in departmental projects including B2B core infrastructure and other B2B services deployment
- Electrical, Electronical, Computer Science or Telecom Engineer. Undergraduate or Graduate.
- Understanding of the fundamentals of IP and Wireless networks and its security protocols.
- Knowledge of wireless network technologies:
- Wireless: CDMA, GSM, WCDMA, LTE, Wi-Fi, Roaming
- IP Networks: IP, TCP, routing protocols, NAT, tunneling
- Security: 802.1x, filtering, firewall rules, IPSEC
- Passion for learning and keeping up with emerging technologies / industry trends and applying them as necessary
- Understand customer needs and have a willingness to understand what drives our business
- Strong interpersonal skills to partner with many stakeholders
- Strong writing skills to create necessary documentation throughout all phases of work for a variety of stakeholders
- Ability to communicate both business and technical information in a clear, precise, and actionable manner to a broad ranges of audiences
- Dependable, mindful, and thorough in meeting and anticipating challenges and shifting goals
- Professional and flexible work style
- Energized by a fast-paced environment when working alone or as part of the team
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer M/F/Disability/Vet and maintain a drug-free and smoke-free workplace.