Audience Voices Moderator
- Full Time
The Wall Street Journal’s Opinion section is looking for an audience voices moderator
to work on a contract basis, who will be responsible for moderating audience
conversation, as well as creating and implementing engagement strategies.
The ideal candidates will be comfortable making objective decisions quickly about
whether audience posts meet guidelines for publication. They will deploy strategies to
drive deeper engagement with members, as well as help create articles and other
features from audience submissions.
Candidates should be comfortable interacting directly with readers as a representative
of the Opinion section of The Wall Street Journal. This position will involve editorial
decision-making on featuring the most thoughtful comments, helping Opinion editors
and editorial writers develop prompts, and finding relevant reader questions, tips and
Flexibility around work schedule is helpful in this job.
- Exercises superb judgment in moderating comments, which may contain
- sensitive information.
- Demonstrates excellent communication skills.
- Demonstrates excellent audience engagement skills.
- Demonstrates the highest commitment to The Wall Street Journal’s standards.
- Helps surface reader comments and tips to editorial writers and Opinion editors.
- Experience with high-volume commenting platforms is preferred.
- General awareness of how a newsroom works and others’ roles and
- Familiarity with news and online communities is preferred.
- Develops best practices to promote positive behavior and encourage reader
- Comfort with audience data.
- Experience with video production is helpful though not required.
Dow Jones , Making Careers Newsworthy
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, protected veteran status, or disability status. EEO/AA/M/F/Disabled/Vets .
Dow Jones is committed to providing reasonable accommodation for qualified individuals with disabilities, in our job application and/or interview process. If you need assistance or accommodation in completing your application, due to a disability, please reach out to us at TalentResourceTeam@dowjones.com . Please put “Reasonable Accommodation" in the subject line.
Business Area: EDITORIAL
Job Category: About Us
Dow Jones is a global provider of news and business information, delivering content to consumers and organizations around the world across multiple formats, including print, digital, mobile and live events. Dow Jones has produced unrivaled quality content for more than 125 years and today has one of the world’s largest news gathering operations globally. It produces leading publications and products including the flagship Wall Street Journal, America’s largest newspaper by paid circulation; Factiva, Barron’s, MarketWatch, Financial News, DJX, Dow Jones Risk & Compliance, Dow Jones Newswires, and Dow Jones VentureSource.Dow Jones is a division of News Corp (NASDAQ: NWS, NWSA; ASX: NWS, NWSLV).
If you are a current employee at Dow Jones, do not apply here. Please go to the Career section on your Workday homepage and view "Find Jobs - Dow Jones." Thank you.
Req ID: 16444