Digital Video Producer,CNBC Primetime
Location: Englewood Cliffs, New Jersey
Function: Marketing & Communications
Specialty: Branding, Digital Marketing, Social Media
Level: Manager (Supervisor)
Duration: Full Time
Salary Description: competitive
The Digital Video Producer will create video content to support CNBC’s primetime entertainment website, CNBCPRIME.COM. The role will be responsible for conceptualizing content ideas, managing video shoots, and producing extremely engaging and monetizable video content. This position will work in a multi-faceted environment where they will engage with diverse departments including marketing, social media, on-air, programming and ad sales. The Video Producer must be highly creative, with the ability to create original video content, as well as utilizing existing media to support CNBC’s original and acquired programs. The Producer must also have experience producing video content for other digital and emerging platforms such as social media, mobile, OTT set-top boxes, streaming and ad services, and video-on-demand. This role will report directly to the Manager, Digital Content for CNBC Prime within CNBC’s Marketing department.
Responsibilities could include, but are not limited to:• Create, develop and produce innovative multi-platform video content in support of marketing efforts to promote CNBC’s entertainment programming slate
• Develop original content ideas extending the network's brand to best engage and retain new consumers
• Coordinate with show production to generate and deliver required media assets for original and acquired series
• Manage all aspects of video shoots from ideation, writing, pre-production, interviewing, crew/equipment and location coordination, and on-set production
• Coordinate with internal and external Editors to produce video content including scripting, graphics requests, music selection and versioning
• Manage multiple projects at one time, while maintaining overall production schedule and communicating status to all stakeholders
• Create, maintain and improve new video practices for all personnel to best streamline the production process
• Coordinate with legal counsel to ensure all required documents and paperwork are executed properly
• Ensure the completion of all projects on time and within budget parameters
• Minimum of 3 years of digital video production experience working at a media or digital organization
• Ability to multi-task and oversee concurrent projects
• Advanced knowledge of various video and audio editing applications such as Final Cut Pro, Adobe Premiere and Avid
• Ability to thrive in fast-paced, deadline-driven environment
• Knowledge of current and emerging social media platforms and their best practices, including, Facebook, Twitter, Instagram
• Working knowledge of on-set production, including set up, directing and producing
• Proficiencies in developing and writing concepts, outlines and scripts
• Detail-oriented with the ability to adapt quickly to changing and shifting goals
• Excellent troubleshooting and problem solving skills
• Excellent organizational, leadership, interpersonal and collaboration skills
• Creative thinker with the ability to provide dynamic solutions
• A desire to learn about emerging technologies and developing digital trends
• Willingness to travel and work overtime, and on weekends with short notice
• CNBC is located in Englewood Cliffs, NJ - shuttle services from different locations in the 5 boroughs are available
At NBCUniversal, we believe in the talent of our people. It’s our passion and commitment to excellence that drives NBCU’s vast portfolio of brands to succeed. From broadcast and cable networks, news and sports platforms, to film, world-renowned theme parks and a diverse suite of digital properties, we take pride in all that we do and all that we represent. It’s what makes us uniquely NBCU. Here you can create the extraordinary. Join us.
With CNBC in the U.S., CNBC in Asia Pacific, CNBC in Europe, Middle East and Africa, CNBC World and CNBC HD, CNBC is the recognized world leader in business news and provides real-time financial market coverage and business information to approximately 371 million homes worldwide, including more than 100 million households in the United States and Canada. CNBC also provides daily business updates to 400 million households across China. The network's 15 live hours a day of business programming in North America (weekdays from 4:00 a.m. - 7:00 p.m. ET) is produced at CNBC's global headquarters in Englewood Cliffs, N.J., and includes reports from CNBC News bureaus worldwide. CNBC at night features a mix of new reality programming, CNBC's highly successful series produced exclusively for CNBC and a number of distinctive in-house documentaries.
CNBC also has a vast portfolio of digital products which deliver real-time financial market news and information across a variety of platforms. These include CNBC.com, the online destination for global business; CNBC PRO, the premium, integrated desktop/mobile service that provides real-time global market data and live access to CNBC global programming; and a suite of CNBC Mobile products including the CNBC Real-Time iPhone and iPad Apps.
NBCUniversal’s policy is to provide equal employment opportunities to all applicants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, creed, gender, gender identity or expression, age, national origin or ancestry, citizenship, disability, sexual orientation, marital status, pregnancy, veteran status, membership in the uniformed services, genetic information, or any other basis protected by applicable law. NBCUniversal will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with relevant legal requirements, including the City of Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative For Hiring Ordinance, where applicable.