- Full Time
JOB TITLE: MARKETING ASSOCIATE
REPORTS TO: Chief Marketing Officer
FLSA Status: Non-Exempt
The Marketing Associate is responsible for increasing awareness of, driving traffic to, and adding value to the JCC and its offerings by translating program goals into effective marketing communications. The position oversees marketing of JCC Harlem, a division of the Marlene Meyerson JCC Manhattan located on 118th Street; and the JCC's Joseph Stern Center for Social Responsibility, including all Volunteer efforts (20s to 70s) and the Literacy + Math tutoring program for high schoolers.
- Develop seasonal program marketing strategy, including detailed advertising plans and timelines for program areas/accounts in collaboration with program directors.
- Work closely with the heads of JCC Harlem and the Stern Center to support, publicize, and facilitate special projects, ongoing classes, and events.
- Manage budgets and closely track expenditures on accounts
- Oversee development of internal and external print and electronic marketing materials'including mailings, posters, and flyers; as well as print, radio, and digital advertising (email, web, Google Adwords)
- Work in close collaboration with internal design team and freelance designers
- Oversee website content for program accounts
- Track and analyze effectiveness of marketing strategies via Google Analytics and other metrics.
- Other related duties as assigned.
- Meticulously organized
- Team player with the ability to work collaboratively with others, both in the marketing department and other areas of the JCC
- Excellent interpersonal, verbal, and written communication skills
- Self-starter with the ability to prioritize and work independently in a fast-paced setting
- Copywriting know-how and experience in editing, with the ability to write creative and effective marketing copy under deadline
- Ability to multi-task effectively under pressure
- Sales acumen
- Fiscally minded, able to manage and maintain multiple budgets
- Ability to analyze/interpret data from campaign results to set (and reset) priorities, and pivoting on strategy as needed
- Creative marketing instinct, with a critical and discerning eye towards messaging and design
- Sense of humor essential
- Out-of-the-box thinker and doer
- Bachelor's degree
- Minimum two to three years' post-collegiate experience specifically in marketing/ communications account management at a nonprofit and/or in-house at a company or agency environment
- Ability to split time between JCC Harlem (two or three days) on 118th Street and JCC on 76th
- Pluses: passion for social justice and advocacy; enthusiasm for and experience with neighborhood-centric organizations.
PREFERRED START DATE:
May 15, with possible paid "prep" days in advance.
Please send cover letter, resume, and salary requirements via the link provided.
For more information, or to apply now, you must go to the website below. Please DO NOT email your resume to us as we only accept applications through our website.