Marketing Associate II
- Full Time
The Marketing Associate is responsible for increasing awareness of, driving traffic to, and adding value to the JCC and its offerings by translating program goals into effective marketing communications. The position oversees marketing of the Center for Jewish Living and the Sonabend Center for Israel (and related projects, such as the annual UWS Israel Festival); Makom, the JCC's Mindfulness, Meditation + Spirituality program; and the JCC's groundbreaking "What Matters" initiative, an advance care planning project.
- Develop seasonal program marketing strategy, including detailed advertising plans and timelines for program areas/accounts in collaboration with program directors.
- Work closely with the heads of the Jewish Living and Israel center, Makom; and the What Matters initiative to support, publicize, and facilitate special projects, ongoing classes, and events.
- Manage budgets and closely track expenditures on accounts.
- Oversee development of internal and external print and electronic marketing materials'including mailings, posters, and flyers; as well as print, radio, and digital advertising (email, web, Google Adwords)
- Work in close collaboration with internal design team and freelance designers
- Oversee website content for program accounts
- Track and analyze effectiveness of marketing strategies via Google Analytics and other metrics.
- Other related duties as assigned.
- Meticulously organized
- Team player with the ability to work collaboratively with others, both in the marketing department and other areas of the JCC
- Excellent interpersonal, verbal, and written communication skills
- Self-starter with the ability to prioritize and work independently in a fast-paced setting
- Copywriting know-how and experience in editing, with the ability to write creative and effective marketing copy under deadline
- Ability to multi-task effectively under pressure
- Sales acumen
- Fiscally minded, able to manage and maintain multiple budgets
- Ability to analyze/interpret data from campaign results to set (and reset) priorities, and pivoting on strategy as needed
- Creative marketing instinct, with a critical and discerning eye towards messaging and design
- Sense of humor essential
- Out-of-the-box thinker and doer
- Bachelor's degree
- Minimum one to three years' post-collegiate experience specifically in marketing/ communications account management at a nonprofit and/or in-house at a company or agency environment
- Pluses: familiarity with the NYC Jewish community; interest in meditation programs.
PREFERRED START DATE:
May 15, with possible paid "prep" days in advance.
For more information, or to apply now, you must go to the website below. Please DO NOT email your resume to us as we only accept applications through our website.