Office Assistant | Receptionist
- Full Time
As the publisher of both Inc. and Fast Company, Mansueto Ventures is home to two of the most iconic and vibrant brands in the world of business publications. Every day, the content, awards and events we produce help entrepreneurs and innovators succeed. All provide useful insights, spark essential conversations and provide much needed inspiration.
Inc.is the voice of the American entrepreneur. We inspire, inform, and document the most fascinating people in business: the risk-takers, the innovators, and the ultra-driven go-getters that represent the most dynamic force in the American economy.
Fast Companyis the world’s leading business media brand, with an editorial focus on innovation in technology, leadership, world changing ideas, creativity, and design. Written for and about the most progressive business leaders, Fast Company inspires readers to think expansively, lead with purpose, embrace change, and shape the future of business.
Just as Inc. and Fast Company pride themselves on advocating progressive and innovative business practices, all of us at MV are determined to walk the talk. We strive to be a transparent, dynamic, and responsible organization that gives all of its employees a meaningful role in helping to shape what we do and how we do it.
About the Role
The Receptionist | Office Assistant is a highly visible and responsible position that is often the first point of contact for our clients, visitors and employees. The Receptionist | Office Assistant provides professional and courteous customer service and fosters an open and friendly relationship with employees and guests. The role is crucial, the position contributes to keeping our office running smoothly.
What You'll Be Doing
- Provides superior customer service as first point of contact for inside and outside customers through face to face interactions, phone and email communication.
- Greets and announces visitors to the office in a professional and friendly manner.
- Key liaison with the building office and maintains good working relationships with building office staff.
- Receives Office Services and Facilities requests from general staff and resolves using establishes protocols including daily conference room reservations.
- Collaborates closely with the Mail Room Supervisor to complete inventory spreadsheets and place weekly orders for office and pantry supplies; essential to the office running smoothly.
- Provides administrative support to the Facilities Director, coordinates special projects as directed, and communicates with vendors as directed.
- Manages and supports key steps in the onboarding of new hires and leave-taking of terminated employees.
- Maintains Reception lunch coverage pool and rotation. Trains new interns in Reception lunch coverage responsibilities.
- Assists with customer service for MV Consumer and establishes rapport with other department heads to provide assistance for their special projects as well.
What We're Looking For
• Bachelors degree preferred as we promote within
• Superior verbal and written communication skills
• Customer service and ability to adapt/respond to different types of characters
• Comfortable using Microsoft Office Suite, with proficiency in Excel
• Ability to be resourceful and proactive when issues arise
• Ability to prioritize and manage time effectively
Mansueto Ventures is an equal opportunity employer, and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status or any other characteristic protected by law.