SEO Technical Strategist
- Full Time
As a company, The Motley Fool’s mission is to “Help the world invest -- better.”
Here at Fool.com, we help spread the word to millions of people each month by publishing hundreds of articles each week to our award-winning website. Whether it’s analyzing the latest earnings reports or helping investors find the next home run stock, our content is designed to help people take control of their financial lives.
And now we're looking for the next Foolishly awesome SEO Technical Strategist to help us up our search engine game. We potentially have room for multiple hires, so we’re open to both junior-level and senior-level candidates. Regardless of experience, we’re looking for a “roll-up-your-sleeves” attitude…the ideal candidate can help both formulate high-level strategy and execute daily tactics.
If you think you’ve got what it takes to make the cut, enter the gauntlet by applying below.
Some of the things you’d potentially do:
- Engage and optimize in areas like site architecture, page load speed, and indexing.
- Perform on and off page technical SEO audits.
- Collaborate with various disciplines (content, social media, tech, business intelligence, etc.) to implement SEO strategies.
- Monitor daily performance of site rankings with a focus on defending and maintaining those rankings.
- Regularly review traffic and conversion data to gain insight into keyword and landing page performance.
- Assist with building and optimizing the internal linking strategy to maximize rankings.
- Conduct competitor analysis to identify gaps in our content coverage and areas of opportunity.
- Conceive and execute link building and outreach efforts.
- Perform keyword research and grow our targeted keyword portfolio.
- Maintain up-to-date knowledge of SEO in line with industry trends, creatively keeping us a step ahead of our competitors.
- Passionate about SEO and proactive in staying up-to-date on all the latest trends and best practices.
- Exceptional organizational and project management skills.
- A self-starter who learns quickly and is comfortable with rapidly evolving expectations. Be prepared to frequently face new challenges and adapt accordingly.
- Relentless pursuit of self-improvement. We want candidates who continually desire to be better.
- Passionate about data-driven problem-solving.
- A nice-to-have is interest in the stock market and financial space.
- Candidate must “get” Foolishness, have a sense of humor, and work well in a collaborative environment.
- Position is full-time, in-house, in Alexandria, Virginia. We will not consider a “work from home” scenario. We want to see your shining face.
Education and Job Knowledge:
- Undergraduate degree in any relevant field. Equivalent experience may substitute.
- 1-3+ years experience in an agency or a similar SEO-related role for a more junior-level role. 5-10+ years experience for a more senior-level role.
- Experience with industry tools (e.g. SEMRush, Google Analytics, Google Search Console, Deepcrawl, Moz, Ahrefs, BrightEdge, STAT, ScreamingFrog, Adobe Analytics, Searchmetrics).