Director of Digital Content
- Full Time
Emmis Communications is a diversified media company, operating across several U.S. markets. The Emmis culture carries at its heart the belief that, in order to succeed, a company must take risks; treat its people well and give them the tools they need to win. Emmis has earned this valued reputation by setting high standards for excellence while creating a fun, exciting and innovative workplace, where every individual is part of the team.
• A highly motivated and creative leader who can manage our team of digital content producers, designers, videographers and social media managers
• A digital media expert with a minimum of 3 years’ experience leading innovation and developing strategy in a fast-paced and fun entertainment environment
• A collaborative teacher who is passionate about growing and educating people in the digital space
If this describes you then join Emmis Communications as a Producer with Emmis Austin Radio. Our company is driven by creative teams that have earned a valued reputation by setting high standards for excellence while creating a fun, exciting and innovative workplace, where every individual is part of the team.
Emmis Austin Radio is a branch of Emmis Communications with a cluster of eight radio stations in north Austin including: KLBJ-AM (590), The New Star 93.3, KLBJ-FM (93.7), ACL Radio (97.1), KROX (101.5), KBPA (103.5), KLZT (107.1), and Latino 102.7.
Emmis Austin Radio is seeking a full-time Director of Digital Content who is a highly motivated and creative leader that can manage our team of digital content producers, designers, videographers and social media managers. We want a director who can develop and deliver content strategy for all seven of our radio brands by evolving our current websites, social media, on-air content, and network of local celebrities and influencers into multiplatform, engaging digital content.
Duties include but are not limited to:
• Provide leadership, expertise and creativity in defining each brand’s digital content strategy
• Educate, encourage, and support radio personalities and influencers, marketing teams, and program directors in developing multi-platform digital content
• Manage a team of digital content producers, designers, videographers, and social media managers to deliver the content strategy
• Develop editorial guidelines, calendars and systems for generating a large volume of content everyday
• Collaborate with cross functional teams for each radio brand
• Influence, educate and develop all content producing positions in the radio group
• Demonstrate authority in managing a department, setting objectives, developing personnel, and creating systems
• Lead change and innovation within an established successful business environment
• Construct and guide sales teams in crafting comprehensive and effective media plans, including digital assets
• Work with Digital Sales Manager to ensure content meets clients’ marketing objectives
• Develop and manage department budget to assist in reaching revenue targets, while advocating for needed resources to spur growth and responsibly managing expenses
• Actively participate in content creation, leading by example, and back-filling the content and design teams whenever needed
• Drive to off-site locations for meetings and events as-needed
• Meet all deadlines
• Other duties assigned as-needed
• Bachelor’s degree (B.A.) from four-year college or university, preferably in journalism and/or digital marketing discipline
• Minimum of 3 years of experience creating and managing digital content for web and social, design, multi-media, and/or related discipline
• Proven track record of content development and management in both established brands and emerging companies
• Superior management and leadership skills to develop individuals as a team
• Ability to process information, create solutions and execute ideas in a fast-paced entertainment environment
• Intense work style with the ability to manage complex situations and a high volume of work
• Team player who can wear many hats and always be part of the solution
• Collaborative teacher who is passionate about growing and educating people in the digital space
• Confidence to communicate in groups and across departments
• Experience in both digital and traditional content development with the ability to connect the two media for personalities, marketing, and programming teams
• Requisite writing and editing skills for digital publishing
• Fluency in English is necessary; Bi-lingual (English and Spanish) is desirable, but not required
• Valid driver’s license and state mandated automobile insurance required
Please submit a resume and application online at www.emmis.com. Refer to posting and no phone calls please.
Emmis Communications (NASDAQ: EMMS) is a diversified media corporation with award-winning radio broadcasting, and magazine publishing operations in markets across the country. Emmis is as well-known for its creative culture as for its operations. Our people are aggressive, knowledgeable and deeply committed to each of the communities in which we operate. Because employees are the key to our success, Emmis offers strong benefits and incentives, including health, dental and life insurance and a 401(k) contribution plan. For more information about Emmis, see our website at www.emmis.com.
EMMIS COMMUNICATIONS/EMMIS AUSTIN RADIO
IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER
Emmis is as well known for its creative culture as for its operations. Our people are aggressive, knowledgeable and deeply committed to each of the communities in which we operate. Because employees are the key to our success, Emmis offers strong benefits and incentives, including health, dental and life insurance and a 401(k) contribution plan. For more information about Emmis, visit our website at www.emmis.com. Emmis Communications is an Equal Opportunity Employer.