Digital Video Editor
Location: New York, New York
Function: Marketing & Communications
Specialty: Digital Marketing, Web Production
Level: Manager (Supervisor)
Duration: Full Time
Salary Description: competitive
We are all about making stuff. New stuff. Mold-breaking stuff. And we are setting out to invent a new kind of news channel for a rising generation of news junkies. OTT. On all the time. Live news of the highest quality. Authentic. Voicy. Not extreme. No shouting allowed. Unexpected. Maybe even funny sometimes. But always informative and always stories well-told.
There are tens of millions of people who need the news but who don’t have cable. Inventing a new channel requires a new kind of voice. Creative, untethered to the tried and true but knows a best practice or two that’s worth following. Fearless, deeply journalistic, and a thoughtful story-teller.
If inventing the future of news sounds like a good reason to get out of bed and go to work in the morning, then take a look at the nitty gritty below and get in touch. Resumes are helpful, sure, but seeing your work is what it’s all about. And if your current body of work so far doesn’t paint the right picture of you, then make us something else. But hurry. We’ve got a lot to do.
The bulk of the job:
Editing video. Lots of it. Some simple edits, many complex doc-style packages, and lots of quick segments with a few cameras.Act as in-house edit guru, providing guidance and support to a team of producer / editors and making every project better. Create simple bespoke animations using After Effects, and communicate graphics requirements to other creative teams. Multi-task and juggle multiple edits for regular and breaking-news programming.Quality check all video content. Keep senior producers and the EP up to date with assignment progress.
• Fluent in Premiere and Avid. Comfortable in After Effects.
• You’ve been working in broadcast, digital or cable for 3-5+ years – preferably working on live daily shows, in and around a control room, or high-volume digital teams.
• You’ve edited non-fiction content in the past, preferably news.
• You’ve got a strong knowledge of current events, U.S. politics, and pop culture.
• You are willing to work in New York, New York.
You are strong in all the following ways:
• You love working with a team to collaborate on a narrative.
• You’re a visual artist and video is your medium. You love to take high quality material and craft a story.
• You work fast and with accuracy.
• You could sync and organize a project in your sleep, color correct for breakfast, adjust levels for lunch, and finish with some basic animation for dinner.
• You live for the moments when news is breaking and time to air is short
• Great if you like to shoot video, too.
At NBCUniversal, we believe in the talent of our people. It’s our passion and commitment to excellence that drives NBCU’s vast portfolio of brands to succeed. From broadcast and cable networks, news and sports platforms, to film, world-renowned theme parks and a diverse suite of digital properties, we take pride in all that we do and all that we represent. It’s what makes us uniquely NBCU. Here you can create the extraordinary. Join us.
NBCUniversal’s policy is to provide equal employment opportunities to all applicants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, creed, gender, gender identity or expression, age, national origin or ancestry, citizenship, disability, sexual orientation, marital status, pregnancy, veteran status, membership in the uniformed services, genetic information, or any other basis protected by applicable law. NBCUniversal will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with relevant legal requirements, including the City of Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative For Hiring Ordinance, where applicable.