PLEASE NOTE: This is a project / limited term position with an estimated end date of September 25, 2020, unless otherwise amended or terminated as deliverables within this project are completed. Role Purpose
During Summer and Winter Olympics, NBC affiliate stations across the country have the opportunity to sell local ad campaigns that run on the digital platforms of NBC Olympics and NBC Sports. The Affiliate Digital Sales Producer will report to the NBC Sports Digital Affiliate and Distribution Manager, and serve as a point of contact for the NBC affiliate stations selling local ad campaigns ahead of and during the 2020 Tokyo Summer Olympics. Responsibilities Support the sales staffs of over 230 local NBC affiliate stations in the lead-up to the Tokyo Olympics by distributing information regarding the NBC Olympics affiliate digital offering and available sales inventory, answering questions on sales rules and creative specifications, providing historical data on past Olympic campaigns, etc.Coordinate the implementation of local ad campaigns on the digital platforms of NBC Olympics by serving as a liaison between the sales staffs of NBC affiliates, NBC Sales Operations and various teams within NBC Olympics and NBC Sports through all steps of the campaign trafficking processGuide and support the sales staffs of local NBC affiliate stations through submission of campaign details and creative to NBC SportsReview and QA creative that is submitted by the affiliates to ensure it adheres to the Olympic digital sales rules and specsTranscode pre-roll and mid-roll video creative, and distribute all campaign details to NBC Sales Operations teamManage and organize testing calls between the NBC affiliate stations and NBC Sports streaming ops to ensure all campaigns have been trafficked correctlyAssist in diagnosing and troubleshooting issues with local affiliate campaigns on desktop, mobile, tablet and connected television platformsAssist NBC Affiliate Marketing Team on delivery of Olympic promotional assets to affiliatesMay be called on to provide editorial support to the affiliates during the Olympics (i.e. publishing affiliate video packages, distributing highlights, answering questions about local athletes or competition schedules) Following the Olympics, work with the analytics team to produce reports for each affiliate that document the performance metrics of their local ad campaigns (i.e. sales campaign views and clicks, unique visitors to the NBC Olympics live streams from the local markets, etc.)Basic Qualifications
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent work experience
- Minimum one (1) year experience in digital media, preferably with digital sales operations experience
- Excellent organizational and time management skills, with the ability to maintain a high level of attention to detail in a deadline-driven environment
- Strong written and verbal communication, interpersonal and customer service skills
- Unfailingly professional demeanor while representing NBC Sports and NBC Olympics
- High level of proficiency with Microsoft Office suite environment
- Able to work a flexible schedule, including occasional night and weekend hours in the pre-Olympic period, and weekends and overnight shifts during Games Time as needed
- Strong knowledge of and background in sports generally, as well as interest in Olympic sports and the NBC Olympics brand
- Interested candidate must submit a resume/CV through www.nbcunicareers.com to be considered (note job #: )
- Willingness to travel and work overtime, and on weekends with short notice
- Must be willing to work in Stamford, CT
- Must have unrestricted work authorization to work in the United States
- Must be 18 years or older
- It is the policy of NBCUniversal and NBCUniversal’ s affiliated businesses to consider all qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, sex (including pregnancy) sexual orientation, age, disability, veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.
- Candidates should be versatile, self-motivated, energetic and able to work well both independently and collaboratively as part of a team
- Experience managing a high volume of projects and requests simultaneously
- Ability to work efficiently and accurately under pressure
- Ability to problem solve and handle time-sensitive situations effectively
- Technologically proficient; familiarity with ad-serving systems (i.e. Freewheel, Operative), web publishing tools and HTML
- Experience with project management
NBCUniversal is one of the world’s leading media and entertainment companies in the development, production, and marketing of entertainment, news, and information to a global audience. NBCUniversal owns and operates a valuable portfolio of news and entertainment television networks, a premier motion picture company, significant television production operations, a leading television stations group, and world-renowned theme parks.
NBC Sports Group serves sports fans 24/7 with premier live events, insightful studio shows, and compelling original programming. The sports media company consists of NBC Sports, NBC Olympics, NBCSN, Golf Channel, Olympic Channel: Home of Team USA, NBC Sports Regional Networks, NBC Sports Radio and NBC Sports Digital, which includes NBCSports.com, NBCOlympics.com, GolfChannel.com, the digital assets of the NBC Sports Regional Networks, Rotoworld, the NBC Sports Talk franchise, multiple apps, and two transactional sports businesses, GolfNow and SportsEngine. NBC Sports Group possesses an unparalleled collection of television rights agreements, partnering with some of the most prestigious sports properties in the world: the International Olympic Committee and United States Olympic Committee, the NFL, NHL, NASCAR, IndyCar, PGA TOUR, The R&A, PGA of America, Churchill Downs, Premier League, Tour de France, French Open, and many more. In 2018, NBC Sports Group presented three of the biggest sporting events in the world: Super Bowl LII, the Winter Olympics from PyeongChang, South Korea, and the FIFA World Cup on the networks of Telemundo.
NBCUniversal’s policy is to provide equal employment opportunities to all applicants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, creed, gender, gender identity or expression, age, national origin or ancestry, citizenship, disability, sexual orientation, marital status, pregnancy, veteran status, membership in the uniformed services, genetic information, or any other basis protected by applicable law. NBCUniversal will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with relevant legal requirements, including the City of Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative For Hiring Ordinance, where applicable.