As Copy Manager on the Growth team, you will establish robust content QA processes for a remote editorial workforce tasked with improving content quality on thousands of documents every month. You will do this by conceptualizing editorial oversight and feedback loops that incorporate feedback from a variety of stakeholders, ensuring compliance with editorial standards across Dotdash brands.
You must be a creative thinker and problem solver, not only capable of coming up with solutions for immediate roadblocks, but flexible and clever enough to scale and iterate on those solutions for the future.
About Your Contributions
- Ideate and implement QA processes for the creation, improvement, and updates of thousands of pieces of content
- As the main point of contact for a team of QA editors, facilitate oversight, communication, and feedback
- Create, update, and maintain best practices documentation
- Replicate and magnify editorial skills across a widely distributed workforce
- 5+ years of work experience in digital media publishing
- Experience working in Excel, Google Docs, and Content Management Systems
- Exceptional line editing and copyediting skills with a keen attention to detail
- Excellent project management skills, ability to multitask, strong verbal/written communication skills.
- Demonstrated experience working with freelance editors and writers to create great content at scale
- Self-starter willing to tackle scrappy fixes for challenging problems, but also able to devise sophisticated solutions
- You inspire others to do their best work
For more than 20 years, Dotdash brands have been helping people find answers, solve problems, and get inspired. We are one of the top-20 largest content publishers on the Internet according to comScore, a leading Internet measurement company, and reach more than 30% of the U.S. population every month. Our brands collectively have won more than 20 industry awards in the last year alone and, most recently, Dotdash was named Publisher of the Year by Digiday, a leading industry publication. Our brands include ThoughtCo, The Spruce, The Balance, Investopedia, Lifewire, Byrdie, MyDomaine, TripSavvy and Verywell.
Dotdash embraces inclusivity and values our diverse community. We are committed to building a team based on qualifications, merit and business need. We are proud to be an equal opportunity employer and do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.