Social Media Coordinator & Booker
- Full Time
The Washington Times is seeking an enthusiastic, creative and resourceful individual to join our social media team. As part of our fast-paced newsroom, the Media Coordinator will play a leading role in media outreach and promotion of news content on both traditional media and social media platforms. This position requires a great deal of external and internal communication, attention to detail and strong organizational skills. The Media Coordinator will work with the Social Media Editor to craft compelling social posts and track results.
- Identify opportunities to promote Washington Times content to a wide variety of audiences and outlets
- Work with reporters and columnists to craft strategies for increasing awareness and engagement
- Follow through on media outreach from initial pitch to post-promotion
- Craft compelling social posts across Washington Times branded social media platforms
- Bachelors Degree required; Excellent written and verbal communication skills with Strong organizational skills and attention to detail; ability to work under deadlines.
- Demonstrated skills in media booking
- Basic understanding of social media platforms, including but not limited to Facebook, Twitter, Instagram and Pinterest
- Experience working in newsrooms & promoting news content, with an understanding of the media news cycle.
- Three to five years of relevant work experience with a minimum of 2-3 years in a news environment.
- Demonstrated skills in Google Analytics, CrowdTangle and other analytic tools.
- Knowledge of SEO, keyword search, hashtags and other search tools. Comfortable with Facebook Business Manager, Facebook Ads Manager, promoted social content and Instagram/Facebook Stories; Video production experience a plus
The Washington Times offers a competitive base salary and commission, as well as, medical, dental, vision, company-paid life insurance, and a generous paid time off program, matching 401(k) plan, and free on-site parking! If you have a huge drive to succeed, outstanding work ethic, integrity, a proven professional with excellent communication skills who is ready to take the lead, apply TODAY!
The Washington Times is an Equal Opportunity Employer