Part-Time Operating Technician
- Full Time
Basic Function: To operate video / audio switchers, tape recorders, video servers, computer based automation, satellite equipment and other duties as assigned by management.
SCOPE and IMPACT: Scope includes adherence to FCC rules and regulations and complete compliance with station policies. This position will be required to work overnights, weekends and holidays as required.
MAJOR RESPONSIBILITIES, DUTIES, and AUTHORITY:
* Master Control Operations. Play to air pre-recorded and live program material. To operate local breaks from a program log including commercials, promos and station I.D.'s. The ability to operate Harris Automation and Nexio video servers.
* Record satellite feeds. Record all satellite transmissions as indicated, and insure recording quality to the highest technical standards and that all recordings are properly entered into the automation system for playback.
* Dubbing of Interstitials. Dub commercials, promos and stations ID’s into a format capable of being played to air, while maintaining the highest technical standards.
* Discrepancy and maintenance reporting . Complete all discrepancy and maintenance reports promptly as necessary with stated reasons and resolutions.
* Work as part of a team. When multiple operators are scheduled in the BOC area, they are to work as a team to maintain a clean on air presence. Newscasts are our most important live product and should be the focus while they are on the air. During live productions the BOC is to be staffed at all times and in communication with the Production crew.
Qualifications:Education: Associates degree in related field. Bachelor degree preferred or equal practical experience. FCC or SBE certification desired.
Other Formal Training: Switching, tape editing, advanced computer operations and basic maintenance skills are preferred.
Experience: One-year master control experience is preferred.
Specific Knowledge: Satellite transmission & reception. Operation of Harris Automation, FCC rules and regulations, over the air broadcasting.
Skills and Abilities: Ability to work with electronic equipment and present a smooth and complete on air look.
About Cox Media Group
Cox Media Group is an integrated broadcasting, publishing and digital media company. The company’s operations currently include broadcast television stations, radio stations, daily newspapers, and digital sites. Additionally, CMG operates the National Advertising Platform businesses of CoxReps - the country’s biggest television rep firm - Gamut, and Videa. The company also offers a full suite of local and regional advertising services through its Local Solutions and Ideabar businesses. CMG currently operates in more than 20 media markets and reaches approximately 52 million Americans weekly across all platforms. For more information about Cox Media Group, please check us out online at www.coxmediagroup.com.
Cox is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer - All qualified applicants/employees will receive consideration for employment without regard to that individual’s age, race, color, religion or creed, national origin or ancestry, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, physical or mental disability, veteran status, genetic information, ethnicity, citizenship, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Statement to ALL Third-Party Agencies and Similar Organizations: Cox accepts resumes only from agencies with which we formally engage their services. Please do not forward resumes to our applicant tracking system, Cox employees, Cox hiring manager, or send to any Cox facility. Cox is not responsible for any fees or charges associated with unsolicited resumes.