- Full Time
KHBS/KHOG TV, the Hearst-owned ABC/CW duopoly in Fayetteville/Fort Smith, AR is looking for a strong, take-charge reporter who hits the ground running every day, with a strong interest in politics. The successful candidate is aggressive, thrives on breaking news, is highly competitive, should be able to handle a wide range of topics and be up-to-date on current events. We value strong enterprise reporting and we are looking for someone who finds the stories that lead newscasts. The KHBS News Team sets a high bar for excellent journalism. Must be able to enterprise exclusives, tell compelling stories, and execute energetic live shots.
- Generates strong story ideas every day that can lead newscasts.
- Collaborates with news managers and producers to develop stories that go beyond surface details that accentuate unique enterprise angles and have exclusive content.
- Develops a network of sources who provide tips, early access to information and allow the reporter to break stories of significance.
- Successfully juggles the needs of both TV and digital newsgathering.
- Will contribute pictures, video and text updates to mobile platforms consistently throughout the day.
- Can juggle multiple stories and projects at once, demonstrates exceptional time-management skills by meeting all deadlines under extraordinary pressure.
- Able to stay on top of local, national and international news on all platforms and consider local impact.
- Unwavering journalistic integrity and ethical standards.
- Strong writing and storytelling skills.
- Exceptional live reporting skills.
- Ability to work under very tight deadlines.
- Must be able to work all shifts, including overnights and weekends.
- Previous reporting experience preferred.
- Demonstrated ability to enterprise and uncover.
- Strong social media skills.
- Bachelor's degree preferred or equivalent proven work experience.
- Related military experience will be considered.