Sr. Product Manager - Saatchi Art
- Full Time
Saatchi Art is the world’s largest online gallery for original art, established with the goal of helping people all over the world connect with art and artists they love. We offer an unparalleled selection of paintings, drawings, sculpture, and photography, and provide artists worldwide with an expertly curated environment in which to exhibit and sell their work. Based in Santa Monica, Saatchi Art is redefining the experience of buying and selling art, making it welcoming and accessible for artists and collectors alike. We are constantly innovating the product experience by leveraging emerging technologies, including augmented reality, cloud search, image recognition search and AI-powered product discovery.
We’re seeking an experienced Senior Product Manager to join our team in Santa Monica, CA. The ideal candidate is a highly-motivated, team player with a passion for building great user experiences on desktop and mobile. As a member of the Saatchi Art team, the Senior Product Manager will define and drive the requirements through execution of features on the product roadmap.
A big vision calls for a big job. As we grow, our need for a Senior Product Manager grows with us.
Leaf Group is a diversified Internet company that builds platforms to enable communities of creators to reach passionate audiences in large and growing lifestyle categories. We work in a fun, collaborative environment that is diverse, adventurous, and open-minded. Check us out here: https://www.leafgroup.com/brands/
You’ll Report To: Sr. Director, Product
In the first 30 to 90 days you will:
- Learn the lifecycle of an artwork to understand how the platform works for artists and buyers.
- Translate business needs into delivery of Product Requirement Documents that clearly state the goals of the product and give an in-depth explanation of the desired functionality.
- Create or manage delivery of wireframes for pages and/or features to illustrate concepts.
- Work with the cross functional team to scope and prioritize the projects/features and lead them to completion.
- Actively identify and manage risks and dependencies to ensure predictable outcomes.
- Become familiar with our product development cycle by releasing your first feature into production.
- Learn the concept of Domain Driven Design and how we apply it to our processes so that a single ubiquitous language is shared across business units.
- Learn our key performance metrics and analytics tools to fulfill data requests that enable data-driven decisions.
- Design product requirements for new features, collaborate with engineering, and see them through to completion.
- Gather data through A/B tests or competitive research to seize opportunities for prioritization and shape products to be as engaging and useful as possible.
- Refine the product roadmap with scope and rough project milestones.
What You Have:
- 4-6 years of product management experience in the online space, ideally in eCommerce.
- Must have strong analytics experience; strong familiarity with Google Analytics, SQL, and Tableau is a plus.
- Bachelor’s of Science Degree, Business Degree, or equivalent experience.
- Experience executing online products and applications with a demonstrated success in building winning products in a consumer-facing environment.
- Experience designing simple and intuitive user interfaces including requirements gathering, use case development, UX design, wireframing, and user testing processes.
- Thorough knowledge of the product development stages and process, and the technologies involved in web and application development.
- Strong leadership skills and initiative; must establish credibility within teams as a knowledgeable, effective contributor.
- Must be a committed team player, able to work both independently and interact with executive management, and other staff members.
- Working knowledge of Agile Development Methodology / Scrum.
- Self-driven, entrepreneurial mindset. Not afraid to wear multiple hats - no job being too small or too large.
- We're casual and informal but we work hard and work responsibly. A pleasant and supportive demeanor goes a long way.
- Excitement about art and desire to work in the world’s largest marketplace for original art
What We Have:
- Leaf Group is Built In LA's 2019 Best Companies to Work for in Los Angeles
- Leaf Group is Comparably's 2018 Best Company Los Angeles Award and 2017 Best Company for Diversity Award
- Well+Good is the 2018 winner of Fast Company’s Most Innovative Company Award
- MyPlate is the 2018 winner of the Webby Award for Best Design
- Competitive compensation and benefits packages (i.e., Medical, Dental, Vision, FSA, 401K)
- Cool office environment and culture
- Discounted gym memberships
- Paid-to-play vacation rewards
- Discretionary unlimited vacation time
- Employee discounts for Saatchi Art, Society6, and Deny Designs
Leaf Group, Ltd. is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants for all job openings are welcome and will be considered without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, sex, age, sexual orientation, physical or mental disability, or any other basis protected by state, federal, or local law. It is the intent of the Company to comply with all applicable federal, state, and local legislation concerning equal opportunity in employment.
If the Leaf Group Talent Acquisition department, or any current company employee, receives an unsolicited resume from a third party recruiting agency and Leaf Group does not have a signed Agency Agreement active, Leaf Group will not be deemed liable to pay a placement fee. The unsolicited resume will be considered a gift and can be considered for our recruitment efforts.