- Full Time
Business Manager, AN
As the Journal looks to expand its footprint and build new audiences and engage them where they are, we are seeking a business manager to help us run a new and growing business. The position will have particular focus on growing our AN+ subscription base, through new audiences and associated segments, while analyzing its role within the membership and advertising business ecosystem. You will be part of a trailblazing team, poised to get our world-class journalism in front of potential new subscribers.This function supports Dow Jones by reducing the time to market for products, increasing the success and quality of the projects delivered, and improving collaboration and accountability across different departments. The ideal candidate will have demonstrated experience in project management or project coordination, excellent communication skills, and proven ability to prioritize and manage multiple obligations and competing priorities. This is a unique opportunity at the heart of Dow Jones, intimately involved in ensuring Dow Jones strategy is aligned across groups, and that product execution matches the direction set by the Executive team.
- Serve as effective right hand to the General Manager or WSJ Apple News, SVP Digital
- Manage the team’s day to day P&L, and work with GM to create business justifications and ROIs around proposed features or additional spend.
- Coordinate small to medium projects for this new medium, across Advertising, Circulation, Marketing, News, Finance, Customer Service, etc.
- Create presentations representing status for our off platform efforts, complete with performance and opportunities
- Create timelines and project timelines, with input from cross-functional teams
- Update project roadmaps with accurate status and next steps, and communicate to cross-functional stakeholders
- Help define business processes around this growing area
- Keep an archive of important information
- Update templates and business processes as we evolve them
- Strong financial skills, managing P&L, and working within an OKRs (or similar) framework.
- Prior experience in project management or project coordination on a technology or product development initiative
- Excellent presentation skills
- Attention to detail and strong written and communication skills
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Excellent organizational skills
- Proven ability to work well within a team environment while accomplishing individual projects
- Deep Proficiency with Microsoft Office Suite, especially PowerPoint/Google Slides/Keynote
- Experience with project management tools and presentation software highly desired
- Publishing industry experience desired
- Knowledge of subscription marketing and web/app analytics needed
- Big love for WSJ. This individual will be a news junkie, a fan of creative ways of telling stories in digital and packaging it and bringing it to new and untapped audiences.
- Highly collaborative and enjoys working as part of a team, with experience bridging folks across news, design, technology, product, etc.
- Experience with scrum and working within agile framework a plus.
Dow Jones , Making Careers Newsworthy
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, protected veteran status, or disability status. EEO/AA/M/F/Disabled/Vets .
Dow Jones is committed to providing reasonable accommodation for qualified individuals with disabilities, in our job application and/or interview process. If you need assistance or accommodation in completing your application, due to a disability, please reach out to us at TalentResourceTeam@dowjones.com . Please put “Reasonable Accommodation" in the subject line.
Business Area: NEWS/WSJ
Job Category: Business Operations Group
Dow Jones is a global provider of news and business information, delivering content to consumers and organizations around the world across multiple formats, including print, digital, mobile and live events. Dow Jones has produced unrivaled quality content for more than 125 years and today has one of the world’s largest news gathering operations globally. It produces leading publications and products including the flagship Wall Street Journal, America’s largest newspaper by paid circulation; Factiva, Barron’s, MarketWatch, Financial News, DJX, Dow Jones Risk & Compliance, Dow Jones Newswires, and Dow Jones VentureSource.Dow Jones is a division of News Corp (NASDAQ: NWS, NWSA; ASX: NWS, NWSLV).
If you are a current employee at Dow Jones, do not apply here. Please go to the Career section on your Workday homepage and view "Find Jobs - Dow Jones." Thank you.
Req ID: 16364