Lead Data Analyst, News Partnerships
- Full Time
Lead Data Analyst, News Partnerships
As the Journal looks to expand its footprint and build new audiences and engage them where they are, we are seeking an analyst to help us instrument, measure, analyze and predict off platform behavior, especially on Apple News. The position will have particular focus on growing our AN+ subscription base, through new audiences and associated segments, while analyzing its role within the membership and advertising business ecosystem. You will be part of a trailblazing team, poised to get our world-class journalism in front of potential new subscribers.
- Produce daily, weekly and monthly in-depth reports on WSJ Performance on Apple News
- Create dashboards for both executive and team consumption, speaking to our overall OKRs for the WSJ AN Initiative.
- Prepare data for analysis by Financial Planning groups by merging data from several source systems into a coherent dataset
- Follow an air-tight quality control process to ensure reporting and analytics accurately reflect circulation and revenue figures
- Produce persistent segmentation across all marketing channels for measurement of Apple News subscriber behavior
- Produce operational metrics to measure throughput and to build scale within a growing organization
- Identify opportunities to enhance targeting/segmentation capabilities.
- Build and train predictive models that will help inform the Apple News strategy
- 5-7 years experience as an analyst working inside a media business, with a focus on new ventures and businesses, poised for growth and prospecting.
- Math or Statistics degree preferred
- Hands-on experience with modeling/development software (R, Python, Pandas, Jupyter Notebook, Spark MLlib, TensorFlow, Theano, Keras, PyTorch).
- Some familiarity with statistical models & methods (time-series analysis, regression analysis, experimental design, hypothesis testing, etc.)
- Tableau experience a must
- Quality Assurance orientation a definite must
- Detail Orientation a definite must
- Publishing industry experience desired
- Strong written and oral communications needed
- Knowledge of subscription marketing and web/app analytics needed
- Big love for WSJ. This individual will be a news junkie, a fan of creative ways of telling stories in digital and packaging it and bringing it to new and untapped audiences.
- Highly collaborative and enjoys working as part of a team, with experience bridging folks across news, design, technology, product, etc.
- Experience with scrum and working within agile framework a plus.
Dow Jones , Making Careers Newsworthy
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, protected veteran status, or disability status. EEO/AA/M/F/Disabled/Vets .
Dow Jones is committed to providing reasonable accommodation for qualified individuals with disabilities, in our job application and/or interview process. If you need assistance or accommodation in completing your application, due to a disability, please reach out to us at TalentResourceTeam@dowjones.com . Please put “Reasonable Accommodation" in the subject line.
Business Area: NEWS/WSJ
Job Category: Data/Content Group
Dow Jones is a global provider of news and business information, delivering content to consumers and organizations around the world across multiple formats, including print, digital, mobile and live events. Dow Jones has produced unrivaled quality content for more than 125 years and today has one of the world’s largest news gathering operations globally. It produces leading publications and products including the flagship Wall Street Journal, America’s largest newspaper by paid circulation; Factiva, Barron’s, MarketWatch, Financial News, DJX, Dow Jones Risk & Compliance, Dow Jones Newswires, and Dow Jones VentureSource.Dow Jones is a division of News Corp (NASDAQ: NWS, NWSA; ASX: NWS, NWSLV).
If you are a current employee at Dow Jones, do not apply here. Please go to the Career section on your Workday homepage and view "Find Jobs - Dow Jones." Thank you.
Req ID: 16366