Sr Press Manager
Location: Universal City, California
Function: Marketing & Communications
Specialty: PR & Communications
Level: Manager (Supervisor)
Duration: Full Time
Salary Description: competitive
The Senior Press Manager will create and execute full media campaigns for scripted and alternative programs for NBC Entertainment. The ideal candidate will work aggressively to secure appropriate radio, print, online and broadcast opportunities in an effort to generate maximum, positive publicity for the network’s programming. As well, the candidate will lead varied projects including writing releases, planting stories, generating briefing notes and Q&As.
Essential Responsibilities:Act as media strategist, campaign planner and spokesperson for assigned showsDevelop positive relationships with the actors, producers, publicists, agents, managers, production staff, media and executivesManage campaigns for scripted (drama and comedy) and unscripted series.Create and manage awards campaigns for all assigned series and Universal TV brand.Foster strong contacts with print, online and electronic mediaPitch ideas and create promotional opportunities for talent and seriesPromote, create and implement special promotional activities including publicity parties, press conferences and screenings.Possess a strong understanding of and experience with social media Cross over multi-promotional platforms and create synergistic opportunities through marketing and publicityCoordinate print interviews, on-set visits, photo shoots and EPKsGenerate all press materials, including announcement releases, bios, captions, talking points, story synopses, pitch letters and correspondenceWork closely with program executives, producers, business affairs and legal to garner approval of written materials and campaign initiatives.Coordinate closely with NBC's Entertainment team to present the network and its programming in the most favorable light Serve as a mentor to coordinators and junior publicists within the department
• Minimum 4 years experience in publicity handling shows and/or projects
• Minimum 3 years experience pitching, booking and covering national and local media interviews necessary
• Minimum 2 years experience creating written press materials
• Minimum 2 years experience working with and gaining the confidence of producers, manager, executives and talent
• College degree in Journalism, English, Communications, or equivalent
• Interested candidates must submit a resume/CV through nbcunicareers.com to be considered
• Willingness to travel and work overtime, and on weekends with short notice.
• Must be willing to work in Universal City, California.
• Must have work authorization to work in the United States.
• Must be covered by Solutions, NBCU’s Alternative Dispute Resolution Program.
• Publicity experience at a studio or network is a plus
• A team player who enjoys working closely with others
• Experience in television publicity, promoting both scripted and alternative programming is highly preferred
• Ability to juggle and meet numerous deadlines and identify press opportunities
• Strong media and industry contacts
• Experience in marketing for cross-over opportunities with advertisers and clients
• Solid written and verbal communications skills
• Superior organization and creative skills
At NBCUniversal, we believe in the talent of our people. It’s our passion and commitment to excellence that drives NBCU’s vast portfolio of brands to succeed. From broadcast and cable networks, news and sports platforms, to film, world-renowned theme parks and a diverse suite of digital properties, we take pride in all that we do and all that we represent. It’s what makes us uniquely NBCU. Here you can create the extraordinary. Join us.
NBCUniversal’s policy is to provide equal employment opportunities to all applicants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, creed, gender, gender identity or expression, age, national origin or ancestry, citizenship, disability, sexual orientation, marital status, pregnancy, veteran status, membership in the uniformed services, genetic information, or any other basis protected by applicable law. NBCUniversal will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with relevant legal requirements, including the City of Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative For Hiring Ordinance, where applicable.