Associate Producer, MSNBC Weekends
Location: New York, New York
Specialty: Television & Film, Video
Level: Manager (Supervisor)
Duration: Full Time
Salary Description: competitive
Job Purpose: This Associate Producer position is a part of the MSNBC Live Weekend Morning team. The AP will assist producers with locating, viewing, and editing videotape for broadcast. The AP needs to be up-to-date on show rundowns to ensure that all video footage is accurate, in place, and is current. The AP must also be able to quickly turnaround video while on-air and during breaking news situations.
Additional responsibilities include, but are not limited to:Straight cut video and work with editors on cutting compelling video Assist producers with desktop editing Explaining edit instructions in detail on scriptViewing all video and ensure quality before airHelping to coordinate media coverage during breaking news Notifying control room/line producer of images coming in for breaking newsEnsuring video producers are aware of video restrictions and contracted media is purged once it has lapsedWorking directly with graphics department to create show graphics, as neededPitching story ideas (day-of, next day, futures)
• Must have a bachelor’s degree from an accredited college or university
• Candidate must have at least 2 years of experience in live television including morning shows, cable shows, and broadcast TV
• At least 2 years of tape and editing experience required
• Must be proficient with desktop editing
Additional Job Requirements:
• Interested candidate must submit a resume/CV through www.nbcunicareers.com to be considered
• Must be willing to work in New York, NY
• Ability to work flexible hours (including nights and weekends), ability to work under tight deadlines, ability to work under pressure, and during breaking news
• Proficient editing with Avid
• Ability to enterprise, research, and plan stories
• Strong writing skills
• Possess strong editorial skills: Thorough knowledge of current events, US politics, geopolitics, foreign policy, history
• Excellent news judgment
At NBCUniversal, we believe in the talent of our people. It’s our passion and commitment to excellence that drives NBCU’s vast portfolio of brands to succeed. From broadcast and cable networks, news and sports platforms, to film, world-renowned theme parks and a diverse suite of digital properties, we take pride in all that we do and all that we represent. It’s what makes us uniquely NBCU. Here you can create the extraordinary. Join us.
NBCUniversal’s policy is to provide equal employment opportunities to all applicants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, creed, gender, gender identity or expression, age, national origin or ancestry, citizenship, disability, sexual orientation, marital status, pregnancy, veteran status, membership in the uniformed services, genetic information, or any other basis protected by applicable law. NBCUniversal will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with relevant legal requirements, including the City of Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative For Hiring Ordinance, where applicable.