Line Producer, MSNBC Weekends
Location: New York, New York
Specialty: Television & Film, Video
Level: Manager (Supervisor)
Duration: Full Time
Salary Description: competitive
Assist senior producer in creating daily broadcast by executing editorial vision of dayServe as backup senior producerOversee daily rundown changesSupervise editorial content of newscastUse leadership skills to motivate, mentor and manage employeesWrite news scripts and teasesWork with show director and production crewOversee all in-show graphics and story titlesWork with senior producer to approve (copy edit) all scriptsPitch story ideas (day-of, next day, futures)Initiate planning processIn Control Room:Preview accuracy of upcoming video, graphics and chyronPreview upcoming stories and segmentsCommunicate with guests and correspondents-time cues, roll cues, thank-you’sCommunicate with control room staff-director, teleprompter operator, chyron operator, and TPMTime newscastCalmly deal with changes and breaking news during show
Job Purpose: This Line Producer position is a part of the MSNBC Weekend team and will support multiple show hours across MSNBC's weekend programming.
Main responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
• Must have a bachelor’s degree from an accredited college
• Must have at least 5 years of experience in live television, preferably cable news, (i.e. morning shows, cable shows, broadcast TV, etc.).
• Must have at 1 year of Line Producing experience
• Must have at least 3 years of experience writing for live television (mid/large market, cable, or Network)
Additional Job Requirements:
• Must be willing to work in New York, NY
• Must have unrestricted work authorization to work in the United States
• Must be willing and able to work flexible hours, under tight deadline pressure, including breaking news
• Must be “on call” 24 hours a day / 7 days a week
• Possess ability to develop story ideas, research, and plan segments
• Exceptional editorial skills: Ability to recognize stories with high potential for provocative, compelling television
• Knowledge of current events, politics and pop culture
• Up to date on periodicals, including Op-Eds
• Strong writing skills
• Expert tease writer
At NBCUniversal, we believe in the talent of our people. It’s our passion and commitment to excellence that drives NBCU’s vast portfolio of brands to succeed. From broadcast and cable networks, news and sports platforms, to film, world-renowned theme parks and a diverse suite of digital properties, we take pride in all that we do and all that we represent. It’s what makes us uniquely NBCU. Here you can create the extraordinary. Join us.
NBCUniversal’s policy is to provide equal employment opportunities to all applicants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, creed, gender, gender identity or expression, age, national origin or ancestry, citizenship, disability, sexual orientation, marital status, pregnancy, veteran status, membership in the uniformed services, genetic information, or any other basis protected by applicable law. NBCUniversal will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with relevant legal requirements, including the City of Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative For Hiring Ordinance, where applicable.