Crew Desk Manager
Location: New York, New York
Specialty: Television & Film, Video
Level: Manager (Supervisor)
Duration: Full Time
Salary Description: competitive
Assist in managing the NBC News National crew desk by locating the most experienced staff and freelance crews to shoot breaking news and highly stylized interviewsSchedule staff & freelance crews for Network & Cable broadcasts, breaking news & weekly primetime shows in the most efficient manner possible, while ensuring client needs are metAbility to manage Client needs 24/7 if needed, efficiently assigning staff crews across 5,000 monthly tours and fast-tracking deployments during major breaking news events.Handle large volume of crew requests in a timely manner, sharing field crews across shows to the highest level of efficiency, as well as, simplifying the intense logistics during breaking news events.Coordinate with NBC news Bureaus both domestically and internationally to assure that all crews are assigned and scheduled accordingly.Day to Day administration and payroll responsibilities, make all necessary payroll deadlines, ensuring that staff and daily hires are paid using the STORM system. Make all necessary liquidation deadlines ensuring billing is processed.Maintain vacation, holidays and illness related schedule changes to ensure accurate assignment placements.Maintain accurate budget records for individual remotes in STORM and communicate with producers on all costs to be incurred.Maintain and adhere to the terms identified in the NABET contract when processing schedules and payroll. Knowledge of NABET contract and payroll systems.Assist in the budget process with Producers to recommend best use of manpower including logistics and travel.
• 3+ years’ experience with remote production activities including manpower scheduling, logistics, facilities, travel arrangements, budgeting and other newsgathering needs as necessary.
• 3+ years’ experience in live news format, or related experience.
• Must be willing to work in New York, NY
• Must be willing and able to work flexible hours including weekends, holidays and overnights, under tight deadline pressure, occasionally with little or no warning (e.g. breaking news).
• Strong administrative and organizational skills, effective under aggressive timelines and high pressure situations, excellent communicator and relationship builder.
• Maintain discretion and confidentiality in regard to sensitive assignments.
• Knowledge of geography.
• Customer service focus.
• Deliver clear understandable instructions and the ability to work in a fast-paced te
At NBCUniversal, we believe in the talent of our people. It’s our passion and commitment to excellence that drives NBCU’s vast portfolio of brands to succeed. From broadcast and cable networks, news and sports platforms, to film, world-renowned theme parks and a diverse suite of digital properties, we take pride in all that we do and all that we represent. It’s what makes us uniquely NBCU. Here you can create the extraordinary. Join us.
NBCUniversal’s policy is to provide equal employment opportunities to all applicants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, creed, gender, gender identity or expression, age, national origin or ancestry, citizenship, disability, sexual orientation, marital status, pregnancy, veteran status, membership in the uniformed services, genetic information, or any other basis protected by applicable law. NBCUniversal will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with relevant legal requirements, including the City of Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative For Hiring Ordinance, where applicable.