Junior Project Manager
- Full Time
Blue Heron Research Partners is looking to hire junior project managers in NY, who have a natural intellectual curiosity, strong communication skills, attention to detail, and the ability to lead small research teams.
Who we are:
Blue Heron is a research firm specializing in providing qualitative due diligence to a wide range of clients. We apply the fundamentals of investigative and business journalism – detailed interviews and meticulous public records searches – to uncover the unvarnished truth about a company, from developments on the factory floor to strategic level reputational and growth prospects.
Who you are:
- Experience in business intel, business writing, research and/or journalism.
- 3 to 7 years experience managing small groups.
- Comfortable assertively and proactively leading a small team to a project’s completion.
- Adept at giving constructive feedback to colleagues.
- Capable and quick study of computer systems and basic project management software.
- Able to work on deadline and editing ability to deliver well-written clear business reports.
What you’ll do:
- Oversee primary research due diligence projects – directing an investigative team as it gathers business intelligence for institutional investors and corporate clients.
- Manage project team, including associates, editors, researchers, client contact. Monitor researchers to ensure delivery on project goals.
- Liaise with research and database teams to increase the depth of due diligence and adjust to changing client directions.
- Review/edit researcher interviews and write executive summaries. Deliver constructive feedback regarding lines of inquiry.
- Enforce all compliance guidelines throughout the process.
- Approximately $50,000 - $65,000, dependent on experience.
What to do:
- Please email resume and cover letter via the link provided with subject line: Junior Project Manager