- Full Time
HarperCollins Children’s Books is currently seeking a Director of Marketing to run title-specific marketing campaigns for a wide variety of teen books ranging from non-fiction to literary fiction to commercial fiction and series, as well as handle overall strategy and management of the teen marketing team. This role is part of the team that oversees our premium marketing platform, Epic Reads.
- Direct strategy, programs and tactics across teen titles and campaigns.
- Develop product positioning and brand messaging, utilizing digital as well as traditional media.
- Allocate annual budget across titles to evenly support sales and editorial goals; continually review and re-allocate financial resources as needed.
- Plan for long -range growth of the publishing division and marketing department by reviewing past campaigns performances and seeking future improvements; communicate the goals, needs and results of the department to supervisor, editors, sales and publisher.
- Work closely with authors on marketing initiatives.
- Work closely with the digital team in creating marketing strategies for Epic Reads
- Establish key partnerships online and offline with 3rd parties to further impact the reach of our properties and authors.
- Keep a keen eye on potential backlist promotions and anniversary moments.
- Develop unique promotions in keeping with social zeitgeist to promote teen books
- Review and share post-mortem analysis of each measureable campaign for future opportunities.
- Research industry trends and tools to identify new platforms/partners that HC can engage with.
- Manage performance of the teen marketing team.
- 7-10 years of experience in trade book marketing; teen marketing experience preferred
- Experience supervising a team
- Strong understanding of the teen marketplace and ability to identify key contacts and programs within this space
- Awareness of current slate of teen novels in the market
- Experience creating compelling teen campaigns
- Excellent leadership skills, project management, communication, budget management, organizational, prioritization and presentation skills a must
- Experience working on mobile platforms a plus
- Comfortable presenting in front of large groups
- Appreciation and knowledge of current trends in popular culture extremely helpful.
- Bachelor’s degree, proficient in Microsoft Office; social media knowledge and skills
- Ability to work cross-functionally across the division and within the company
- Sense of fun and whimsy helpful!
HarperCollins Publishers is a company full of people who are passionate about books. When you apply for a position, we want to know why you want to work here, and why you are interested in the job. That’s why cover letters are strongly preferred.
HarperCollins Publishers is an equal opportunity employer.