Senior Vice President, Operations - Cox Business
- Full Time
Provides overall leadership and accountability for end-to-end operations process definition, execution and monitoring to ensure our overall delivery strives to exceed Cox Business customer expectations. Oversees long-range processes improvement efforts to ensure reductions in duplication of effort and unneeded business complexity. Responsible for researching and analyzing new operating approaches, inclusive of policies, practices, processes and tools that provide a unique competitive advantage. Works closely with the SVP Sales - Cox Business, VP New Business Ventures, Chief Operating Officer and Chief Technology Officer organizations to ensure planned changes to drive expected improvements are aligned with key business objectives and budgets.
- Serves as top process improvement officer for Cox Business with overall responsibility for the delivery of long-range strategy and objectives, culminating in an outstanding customer experience.
- Directs the overall “simplification and alignment effort” within Cox Business, inclusive of prioritized capex projects associated with tools and workflow enhancements.
- Accountable for leading the analysis, identifying options, and determining criteria for screening improvement ideas for potential and practicality.
- Leads development of improvement roadmap's (policies, business practices, process improvements, tools), supporting business case justification and deployment of end-to-end operations improvement efforts.
- Responsible for assigning resources (both direct report and ad-hoc teams), removing barriers and communicating status of priority initiatives.
- Work closely with Customer Care, Field Services, Product, Marketing, Sales and Technology to ensure improvement plans are in place to achieve growth and financial profitability.
- Provides oversight to CB-dedicated and shared Tech and Ops resources embedded within boundary partners
- Leads implementation of CB Operating Model and Future State
- Represents CB in weekly TOPS meeting and drives relevant CB actions
- Develops and represents the CB tech architecture strategy and tools roadmap, with stakeholder inputs (e.g., CB Unify, CB Ops, CB CX)
- Bachelor's degree in business or related discipline or equivalent experience. MBA preferred.
- At least 10+ years in cross functional operations inclusive of process management.
- At least 8 years’ demonstrated experience in a senior leadership roles managing complex projects or matrix environments.
- Customer Operations Acumen – in concert with above, has worked in functions that touch the customer (business preferred) and understands how each can impact the customer experience.
- External Exposure – has worked at companies outside of Cox Communications (desired, not required) and/or has relevant external leadership exposure through board or technical associations.
- Customer Centric – ability to anticipate how our plans and actions will be received and leveraged by our customers
- Strategic Thinker – ability to comprehend strategic and/or conceptual subjects in addition to tactical.
- Bias Towards Action – notwithstanding strategic thinking, demonstrates a bias towards moving from thinking and planning into acting and achieving.
- Comfort with Ambiguity – not deterred by ambiguity; instead, seeks to drive clarity and purpose.
- Balances Analysis with Intuition – seeks quantitative justification but doesn't over-analyze and is willing to “make a call” with intuition and experience.
- Collaborative – works well within multi-functional teams and across several senior leaders.
- Proven track record successfully selecting, coaching and developing other senior leaders of a major areas, strategic business unit or subsidiary
- Executive Influence – without formal authority, can influence and persuade senior leaders who may be a peer or superior.
- Executive Presence – comfortable interacting with leaders at a Senior and Executive Vice President level.
- Translates Vision into Action – can take an agreed upon strategy / plan, develop an approach to achieve it, and clearly articulate that approach to a team to execute it
- Experience deploying products and services in a competitive industry sector.
- Strong analytical/financial analysis skills.
- Ability to lead and operate in a matrix environment.
About Cox Communications
Cox Communications is committed to creating meaningful moments of human connection through broadband applications and services. The largest private telecom company in America, we proudly serve six million homes and businesses across 18 states. We're dedicated to empowering others to build a better future and celebrate diverse products, people, suppliers, communities and the characteristics that makes each one unique. Cox Communications is the largest division of Cox Enterprises, a family-owned business founded in 1898 by Governor James M. Cox.
Cox is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer - All qualified applicants/employees will receive consideration for employment without regard to that individual's age, race, color, religion or creed, national origin or ancestry, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, physical or mental disability, veteran status, genetic information, ethnicity, citizenship, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Statement to ALL Third-Party Agencies and Similar Organizations: Cox accepts resumes only from agencies with which we formally engage their services. Please do not forward resumes to our applicant tracking system, Cox employees, Cox hiring manager, or send to any Cox facility. Cox is not responsible for any fees or charges associated with unsolicited resumes.