Freelance Graphic Designer
Position: Freelance Production Designer
Department: Viacom Media Networks Multiplatform Production Design
Job Description: The Freelance Production Designer role supports asset creation and maintenance for top Viacom brands, including BET, CMT, Comedy Central, Logo TV, MTV, Paramount Network, TV Land and VH1. The designer maintains brand styles and show property consistency across our sites and apps. They work closely with producers to ensure proper assets are used and are delivered in a timely manner throughout our platforms. This position reports to the Design Director.
- Support Design requests for existing and new Viacom brand properties including integrated marketing activations.
- Communicate with Design Director and producers across brands to effectively solve design needs.
- Keeping track of design tickets via internal tools to ensure timely delivery of request.
- Understand brand platforms and internal tools to ensure proper brand property asset production.
- Understand and ensure proper display and integrity of show property assets as delivered from brand design throughout our sites and apps.
- Maintain and organize design assets and templates across brands and platforms.
- Apply best practices in UX/UI for web, mobile and connected TV experiences while maintaining industry standard output.
Skills and Qualifications:
Requirements for this position include:
- Expertise in the Adobe Creative Suite: Photoshop, Illustrator, and InDesign.
- Visual layout, Typography and grid systems, Color Correction abilities, Photography manipulation.
- Strong eye for photography, composition/cropping--maintaining consistency across a variety of formats.
- Ability to work on several projects at once under tight deadlines, with strong attention to detail.
- Excellent organization and time-management skills.
- Understanding the digital experience & best practices for desktop and mobile.
- Must have a hands-on, collaborative spirit.
- Ability to work weekends, late nights and holidays
- Working Knowledge Sketch, HTML/CSS, After Effects experience a plus.
- Thrive in a fast-paced environment.
- Motivated and driven by digital thinking--from emails to motion.
- Pride yourself on the quality of work and are a stickler for the details.
- Naturally challenge yourself and others to grow.
- You have a strong focus on quality and a desire to get things done in the best possible way.
- BA in Graphic Design, Digital Design, Animation, or equivalent.
- Candidates should have a minimum 2 years of design experience.
- Experience in a Corporate, Agency, and / or Commercial production environments preferred.
- Experience working with cross-functional teams.
Apply for Freelance Graphic Designer
Already uploaded your resume? Sign in to apply instantly