Freelance Editor, Branded Content
Apartment Therapy Media is looking for a Freelance Editor, Branded Content, to join our Creative Studio in our sunny Soho office!
This person will help us create award-winning branded content for our two brands, Apartment Therapy and Kitchn, here in our New York headquarters for about 20 hours per week. The distribution of those hours is flexible, but we’d prefer to see this person on a generally consistent schedule over as many days during the work week as possible.
The Freelance Editor, Branded Content, will start each job with a creative brief and will be responsible for working with freelance writers to shape stories into content a general reader will find helpful and entertaining. This person will serve as both the top-line and copy editor on each project, and will also be responsible for packaging their stories with headlines and social media copy. We in the Creative Studio pride ourselves on producing casual, service-oriented writing that delights our readers while also delivering on our clients’ KPIs. This person will thrive in that middle ground—and will do it all on deadline.
To apply, please submit recent examples of work you have edited along with your cover letter. If any of these pieces needs context, please provide that.
- Extract a client’s marketing goals from a creative brief to create posts that entertain, instruct, and delight our readers
- Serve as both developmental and copy editor on sponsored posts and other projects that were written by our freelance writers
- Package our work for each of our promotional platforms (namely Facebook, Pinterest, Instagram, dedicated email, and on-site banner ads)
- Jump in as copywriter on small pieces (such as video supers, recipe instructions, creative concepts, etc.)
- Maintain a continually updating knowledge of industry trends and house style, and be able to change voice accordingly
- Deliver every assignment on deadline without exception
- Has experience editing short narrative writing, whether for a brand, agency, or publication
- Is an ace copyeditor
- Possesses a strong writer’s craft
- Knows what art makes a post irresistible
- Writes in the voice of our largely millennial readership without pandering
- Has experience with Wordpress or similar CMS (preferred)
- Knows the excitement of finding the right paint color or mastering meal prep