Sr. Analyst, Consumer Insights
5 days left
- Full Time
As a Consumer Insights professional within Barnes & Noble, you must demonstrate the ability to become a trusted adviser and thought leader to business.
You must be collaborative and able to work cross-functionally to contribute to the development of brand and growth strategies. You should be generally familiar with the fundamental Insight and research methodologies, tools and techniques and understand the proper application and interpretation of such techniques, as well as demonstrated ability to apply to business solutions. You should be experienced in consumer and shopper insights within the retail environment. You should also have experience assessing the latest macro cultural trends as well as retail trends as well as its application to the business solutions. Sr Analyst, Consumer Insights will report to a Director, Consumer Insights. This role leads the Insights agenda across business units, helping to provide strategic direction by unlocking data-driven, actionable insights.
This person must have a passion to learn, uncover insights and influence throughout the organization and a genuine curiosity towards the business:
- Design research plans against business objectives, timelines and budget
- Lead qualitative and quantitative research
- Develop questionnaires, sample and data analysis plans, screeners, discussion guides, and reporting
- Manage supplier selection, activity and work flow to ensure cost efficient, accurate, and timely completion of projects.
- Synthesize research findings into actionable insights for the business teams
- Partnering with the Analytics team, leverage syndicated data sources
- Collaborate with the Director of Consumer Insights on several strategic projects (e.g. consumer segmentation, customer journey mapping, etc.)
- Leverage mix of vendors and methodologies to always keep pulse of consumer behavior and needs
3-5 years experience as a consumer research professional; either in retail or CPG; supplier experience a bonus
Bachelor's Degree required/Advanced Degree preferred
Solid knowledge of research methodologies, curious to learn and experiment
Barnes & Noble is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer and is committed to providing employment opportunities to minorities, females, veterans, and disabled individuals, as well as other protected groups.
Please tell us if you require a reasonable accommodation to apply for a job or to perform your job. Examples of reasonable accommodation include making a change to the application process or work procedures, providing documents in an alternate format using a sign language interpreter, or using specialized equipment. Contact (800) 799-5335.