Call Center Customer Service Representative (Account Services)
- Full Time
At Cox, we connect people to the things they love. Now we’d like to connect with you. Cox Communications is looking for customer focused individuals to join our team and be the voice of our brand. As a Call Center Customer Service Representative (Account Services), you will play a pivotal role in the continued stability and growth of our organization by living our motto: Serve, Solve and Sell.
An Account Services Representative is part of a supportive, customer service-oriented team that:
- Exceeds our customer expectations by providing top notch customer service.
- Respond to inbound customer questions, problems, and requests regarding account balances, service additions, billings/payments, or other general or account-related services.
As part of a customer experience driven team, you will earn an hourly rate of $15.00. You will earn an extra $1.25/hour from 6pm-10pm (2nd Shift).
At Cox, we offer...
- Competitive wages with potential for additional financial incentives for motivated team members!
- FREE Internet and other Cox discounted services
Unleash your potential with Cox Communications as an Account Services Representative, where you’ll be enhancing the lives of our customers and your career. Apply today!
Primary Responsibilities and Essential Functions
- Handles incoming calls from Cox Business and residential customers, delivering excellent customer service by asking questions, actively listening, building rapport, demonstrating respect, being informative and understanding their needs, requests or problems.
- Meets or exceeds established goals in Serving (i.e., customer surveys and efficiency metrics), Solving (i.e., first call resolution) and Selling (i.e., promoting and selling additional products and services that align to the customer’s needs) metrics. Exceeds customer expectations by documenting call details into the system and completing any forms required to request action by other departments.
6 months experience using a computer in a work or non-work setting
HS graduate, GED or relevant work experience
Experience using a computer in a work or non-work setting
1 or more year of experience providing service directly to customers
Excellent skills in creating an exceptional customer experience, applied learning, sales orientation, multi-tasking, building customer rapport, discovering customer needs, problem solving and responding to customer needs, ability to learn and apply procedures, teamwork, communication, and strong work ethic, and ability to work effectively with teams throughout organization
Proficient analytical skills to determine the best course of action
Enthusiastic and personable
Eligibility to work in the United States
1+ year experience working in a position that requires meeting sales goals
1 - 2 year work experience in a customer service role, not specific to just Call Center
Strong aptitude for helping customers and a customer experience focus
Enthusiastic and personable
Must be able to work in a call center or highly structured environment
Strong computer skills and be able to navigate through multiple screens
Ability to adapt to constant change
Demonstrated solid work history
About Cox Communications
Cox Communications is committed to creating meaningful moments of human connection through broadband applications and services. The largest private telecom company in America, we proudly serve six million homes and businesses across 18 states. We're dedicated to empowering others to build a better future and celebrate diverse products, people, suppliers, communities and the characteristics that makes each one unique. Cox Communications is the largest division of Cox Enterprises, a family-owned business founded in 1898 by Governor James M. Cox.
Cox is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer - All qualified applicants/employees will receive consideration for employment without regard to that individual's age, race, color, religion or creed, national origin or ancestry, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, physical or mental disability, veteran status, genetic information, ethnicity, citizenship, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Statement to ALL Third-Party Agencies and Similar Organizations: Cox accepts resumes only from agencies with which we formally engage their services. Please do not forward resumes to our applicant tracking system, Cox employees, Cox hiring manager, or send to any Cox facility. Cox is not responsible for any fees or charges associated with unsolicited resumes.