ETL Developer - Senior Data Warehouse Developer
- Full Time
a4 media is an early-stage advanced advertising company wholly owned by Altice USA, one of the largest cable providers in the USA. As such a4 offers the stability, resources, and market position of a large company while also providing the dynamic, creative, and challenging environment of a startup
This position with a4 is responsible for enhancing data within the reporting data mart by identifying and procuring information from multiple sources and defining business rules for integration as well as KPIs for monitoring and QA. To accomplish this, the ETL Developer will facilitate requirements gathering sessions from various departments to ensure results are accurate and within scope. Changes to the database will require detailed documentation that must be kept orderly and up to date. The ETL Developer will act as a data steward and must be intimately familiar with the data that is that is needed to support business needs. The incumbent should possess a strong understanding of both relational and star schemas, which will be required to maintain underlying data architecture for Business Intelligence tools. The incumbent is a proven ETL specialist with a strong background in SQL and data modeling.
- Definition of table structures, define attributes, dimensions, hierarchies and metrics.
- Integrate new data into reporting data mart from both internal and external sources
- Work closely with the business partners to identify trends that may assist with changes in the business
- Assisting users in the creation of ad hoc queries as needed.
- Perform problem assessment, resolution and documentation
- Participate in requirements gathering and design for ongoing development projects
- Participate in the design, build, release and deployment procedures
- Coordinate and perform data quality validation
- Document steps for testing and integration on source changes/additions into the reporting data mart
- Experience with data preparation, integration and reporting automation (including data visualization platforms)
- Define physical data models for new source integration, balancing performance and storage
- Complete ad hoc analyses and requests as necessary
- Bachelor’s degree, preferably in Computer Science or MIS
- 5+ years Data Warehousing, including data modeling
- 5+ years ETL development
- Google BigQuery
- Strong SQL development skills
- Experience working with data visualization software such as Tableau, Domo, Datorama, etc.
- 5+ years data analysis
- Familiarity with advertising sales a plus
- Familiarity with data programming a plus
- Excellent relationship management skills
- Ability to interpret data and transform it for senior leadership presentation/visualization
- Functional aptitude with database architecture and physical data modeling
- Strong analytical and conceptual skills
- Goal-oriented with ability to work collaboratively across functions
Altice USA is an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to recruiting, hiring and promoting qualified people of all backgrounds regardless of gender, race, color, creed, national origin, religion, age, marital status, pregnancy, physical or mental disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, military or veteran status, or any other basis protected by federal, state, or local law.