Digital Yield Manager
- Full Time
Digital Yield Manager
Hearst Television is looking for a Digital Yield Manager, responsible for the oversight of multiple sources of direct and indirect sales revenue generated against HTV digital properties. The DYM will primarily oversee Hearst Television’s programmatic relationships with numerous third-party vendors, ensuring optimal yield against a spectrum of transaction types. The position calls for expert management of HTV’s ad serving priority stack (DFPP), with consideration of direct sales channels (local and national). The DYM will oversee HTV's portfolio of private marketplace deals within the RTB space, header bidding integrations, and develop new premium programmatic demand sources. This position reports to the Vice President of Digital Sales and is located at Hearst Television’s New York City headquarters.
Hearst Television seeks dynamic candidates who possess a strong digital background, preferably with expertise from other digital publishers and/or related tech platforms. Strong analytical skills are a must, with proficiency in math and statistics, and the ability to navigate large amounts of advertising and revenue data. Our ideal candidate will be a creative problem solver, and take pride in being extremely well-organized and prepared. A strong work ethic, collaborative style, and sharp communication skills are essential for this position.
Duties & Responsibilities:
• Ensure the efficiency of ad serving priority stack, in conjunction with relevant partners. This applies to traditional display ad units across both web and app experiences, video pre-roll/in-stream, and non-standard ad units.
• Oversee existing partnerships with various vendors, manage for performance and fulfillment of responsibilities
• Identify, evaluate, and launch new tech partners to grow revenue against ad inventory and page views
• Routinely monitor HTV remnant inventory performance on major ad exchanges, optimizing as needed
• Assist stations directly as needed, e.g. with management of ad blocking, promotional ad inventory, et al
• Develop new PMP demand sources among networks, agencies and trading desks, manage technical implementation and oversight of private deals
• Compile, analyze, and provide regular reporting to management
Key Skills & Competencies:
• Yield Management or relevant Digital Sales Operations experience (3 years minimum, 5 years preferred)
• Advanced working knowledge of Google DFP, preferably DFP Premium
• Thorough understanding of digital advertising standards, practices, and technologies (planning, targeting, ad serving, reporting, et al)
• Thorough understanding of digital revenue recognition standards and practices
• Strong presentation, communication, and analytical skills
• Must be able to multitask, prioritize and delegate
• Expert knowledge of Excel. Proficiency in MS Word, Outlook and PowerPoint preferred.
• College degree preferred.
Hearst Television is a leading local media company comprising 31 television stations and two radio stations. The Company's television stations reach approximately 19% of U.S. TV households, making it one of America's largest television station groups. In additional to its primary television channels, Hearst Television programs more than 27 websites as well as 30+ multicast channels providing news, weather and entertainment programming. Hearst Television stations are the recipients of many of television's other highest awards for excellence in journalism, programming and community service, including the Walter Cronkite Awards, Peabody, the duPont-Columbia University Journalism Award, the Sigma Delta Chi Award, the Gabriel, the Ad Council Silver Bell, the National Headliner Award, the Edward R. Murrow Award and the Emmy. Hearst Television is a wholly owned subsidiary of Hearst Corporation.