Director of AudioBooks
1 day left
- Full Time
The Director, Audiobooks sets the strategy for and leads the Barnes & Noble Audiobooks business, identifying and capitalizing on growth opportunities to ensure maximum share of the available market. This individual will work cross functionally with Store Operations, Marketing, IT, Merchandising, and Operations teams to ensure that this channel grows at an accelerated pace. Additionally, the Director, Audiobooks will work to ensure that the Audiobooks product offering is continually optimized to provide the best customer experience using analytics and insights.
• Develop and execute strategic and tactical plans for the Audiobooks product
• Manage the program P&L and appropriate budget items
• Manage the 3rd party vendor responsible for content
• Work aggressively to secure publisher partnerships on product offerings and promotions
• Develop processes to ensure stores are executing against merchandising strategies
• Employ innovative new methods and approaches to gathering and utilizing Audiobooks customer insights
• Ensure there is a continual focus on the customer experience and engagement with the Barnes & Noble brand, focusing on customer growth and acquisition, reactivation, and retention
• Drive key decisions that advance the objectives and goals of the program
• Continually benchmark offering within retail and other industries
• Develop reports and analytics that identify trends and opportunities for improvement
• Drive process improvements and toolset enhancements for Digital Audiobooks
• Bachelor’s Degree
• 5+ years progressive P&L management experience in eCommerce, media sales, Digital Media (Podcasting/Audiobooks) or Publishing
• Proven track record of growing topline sales in a B2C environment a plus.
• Strong project management, decision-making, and problem-solving skills
• Ability to manage multiple priorities and maintain high quality output simultaneously
• Self-motivated, results oriented, strategic thinker
• Exceptional communication skills, both verbal and written
• Demonstrated expertise working with cross-functional teams and proven ability to effectively influence others at all levels of the organization
• Demonstrated success within big retail, omnichannel and/or consumer-based organization
Barnes & Noble is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer and is committed to providing employment opportunities to minorities, females, veterans, and disabled individuals, as well as other protected groups.
Please tell us if you require a reasonable accommodation to apply for a job or to perform your job. Examples of reasonable accommodation include making a change to the application process or work procedures, providing documents in an alternate format using a sign language interpreter, or using specialized equipment. Contact (800) 799-5335.