Responsibilities:Work in a creative and collaborative manner with producers to develop editorially sound and dynamic content for distribution throughout the NBC Sports family of networksDemonstrate ability to edit b-roll, teases, features, and event turnarounds with direction from the production team or independently with minimal guidance.Edit content on an Avid Media Composer / Symphony or other non-linear editorAbility to work and deliver elements under tight deadlines.Coordinate with graphics and audio department on the delivery of needed elements to complete edit requirements.Ensure that the video image and sound quality of edited content is of high broadcast standard Act as a poised team player who can handle multiple projects at onceBasic Qualifications
- Bachelor’s Degree
- Minimum five (5) years of experience in non-linear editing on an Avid platform
- Must be willing to work non-traditional hours, weekends & holidays
- Interested candidate must submit a resume/CV through www.nbcunicareers.com to be considered (note job #: )
- Willingness to travel and work overtime, and on weekends with short notice
- Must be willing to work in Stamford, CT
- Must be willing to submit to a background investigation
- Must have unrestricted work authorization to work in the United States
- Must be 18 years or older
- It is the policy of NBCUniversal and NBCUniversal’ s affiliated businesses to consider all qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, sex (including pregnancy) sexual orientation, age, disability, veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.
- Experience working in a shared storage Avid/Interplay environment
- Experience working in a fast paced, high pressure environment
- Understanding of video and audio measurement scopes
- Working knowledge of network broadcast technical specifications
At NBCUniversal, we believe in the talent of our people. It’s our passion and commitment to excellence that drives NBCU’s vast portfolio of brands to succeed. From broadcast and cable networks, news and sports platforms, to film, world-renowned theme parks and a diverse suite of digital properties, we take pride in all that we do and all that we represent. It’s what makes us uniquely NBCU. Here you can create the extraordinary. Join us.
NBCUniversal’s policy is to provide equal employment opportunities to all applicants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, creed, gender, gender identity or expression, age, national origin or ancestry, citizenship, disability, sexual orientation, marital status, pregnancy, veteran status, membership in the uniformed services, genetic information, or any other basis protected by applicable law. NBCUniversal will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with relevant legal requirements, including the City of Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative For Hiring Ordinance, where applicable.