Social Media Editor, CNBC + Acorns
Location: New York, New York
Function: Marketing & Communications
Specialty: Digital Marketing, Web Production
Level: Manager (Supervisor)
Duration: Full Time
Salary Description: competitive
Develop and execute social media strategy across multiple social platformsOversee creation and distribution of weekly newsletterCreate and post original, highly shareable social media content across desired platforms to grow audience engagementCollaborate with writers, video producers, graphics editor and animator to create contentPartner with Senior Video Producer to create long-form video series for Instagram TV and/or YouTubeOversee day-to-day management of assigned social media accountsMonitor social media trends surrounding personal finance and investingMonitor user engagement with social media postsSpecial projects as assigned
CNBC is partnering with Acorns, America’s fastest-growing financial wellness system, on the importance of educating current and future investors. We are building an editorial and production team to create actionable, relatable and uplifting personal finance and investing content that will inspire and empower everyday Americans to make informed financial decisions.
The Social Media Editor will establish and implement effective, innovative and influential social media strategies aligned with an optimistic target brand voice. This role is for a thoughtful social media expert and manager with a proven track record for expanding a brand’s social reach. This role will report to the Deputy Managing Editor.
PLEASE NOTE: This is a short term position with an estimated duration through Summer 2020, unless otherwise amended or terminated as deliverables within this project are completed.
Responsibilities may include, but are not limited to:
• Bachelor's degree, or equivalent work experience
• At least 2 years working in social media or editorial experience at a news organization or an agency with a focus on news and storytelling
• Strong news judgment and a good sense of the trending personal finance and investing topics that will resonate with Millennial/Gen Z audience
• Experience with digital content management systems such as Wildmoka, SocialFlow and Later
• Demonstrated ability to use several social media platforms to discover stories
• Excellent writing, editing, & organizational abilities
• Proven experience using data to inform and improve social media and newsgathering
• Experience or interest in business journalism or personal finance and investing topics
• Must be willing to work in New York, NY
• Passion for and knowledge of innovative multimedia storytelling and strategic thinking across social media platforms
• Proven ability to generate creative concepts
• Someone with a strong desire to develop creatively
• Detail-oriented and comfortable working in a fast-paced environment under news deadlines
• Ability to think big, outside the box, and to take direction and feedback
• Excellent teamwork skills and strong work ethic
• Experience managing or working on a site that achieved significant growth on social media channels
• Desire to work in a creative and collaborative environment
• Strong collaboration skills
• Knowledge of financial markets and terminology
At NBCUniversal, we believe in the talent of our people. It’s our passion and commitment to excellence that drives NBCU’s vast portfolio of brands to succeed. From broadcast and cable networks, news and sports platforms, to film, world-renowned theme parks and a diverse suite of digital properties, we take pride in all that we do and all that we represent. It’s what makes us uniquely NBCU. Here you can create the extraordinary. Join us.
With CNBC in the U.S., CNBC in Asia Pacific, CNBC in Europe, Middle East and Africa, CNBC World and CNBC HD, CNBC is the recognized world leader in business news and provides real-time financial market coverage and business information to approximately 371 million homes worldwide, including more than 100 million households in the United States and Canada. CNBC also provides daily business updates to 400 million households across China. The network's 15 live hours a day of business programming in North America (weekdays from 4:00 a.m. - 7:00 p.m. ET) is produced at CNBC's global headquarters in Englewood Cliffs, N.J., and includes reports from CNBC News bureaus worldwide. CNBC at night features a mix of new reality programming, CNBC's highly successful series produced exclusively for CNBC and a number of distinctive in-house documentaries.
CNBC also has a vast portfolio of digital products which deliver real-time financial market news and information across a variety of platforms. These include CNBC.com, the online destination for global business; CNBC PRO, the premium, integrated desktop/mobile service that provides real-time global market data and live access to CNBC global programming; and a suite of CNBC Mobile products including the CNBC Real-Time iPhone and iPad Apps.
NBCUniversal’s policy is to provide equal employment opportunities to all applicants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, creed, gender, gender identity or expression, age, national origin or ancestry, citizenship, disability, sexual orientation, marital status, pregnancy, veteran status, membership in the uniformed services, genetic information, or any other basis protected by applicable law. NBCUniversal will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with relevant legal requirements, including the City of Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative For Hiring Ordinance, where applicable.