Multimedia Content Producer
- Full Time
Reporting to the Deputy Vice President for Alumni & Development Strategic Communications, the Multimedia Content Producer will provide expert creative services to the principal team responsible for promoting the University’s highest priorities to alumni and donors, from this year’s graduates to Trustees. The candidate’s proven skills in creating video and other content will also reach faculty, staff, and students in the campus community, and well beyond, advancing the mission of the University, with particular emphasis on The Columbia Commitment, the current University-wide campaign for fundraising and alumni engagement.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to the following:
- Produce (shoot, edit, and package) compelling video content for web, social media, and donor solicitation
- Write, edit, and proof compelling copy with emphasis on online channels (Web email, social)
- Video production for online presence of Columbia Magazine, the only publication that reaches our 340,000-plus global audience
- Gather and tag assets, and manage video archive for the department
- Create compelling infographics and animations in support of editorial content
- Participate in planning for content marketing for alumni and fundraising
- Assist with asset collection, interviews, and research in working with outside creative partners (vendors)
- Other project support (trafficking materials and versions, managing timelines, scopes)
Bachelor's degree, minimum three years related experience in video/media, visual communications, multimedia design, or related fields.
- Familiarity with Print/Production a plus.
- Familiarity with Drupal and Salesforce a plus.
- Strong portfolio of digital storytelling demonstrating interplay of imagery and copy.
- Demonstrated ability to translate complex ideas into compelling stories.
- Proficient in Adobe Creative Suite tools, such as InDesign, Illustrator, and Photoshop.
- Skilled in video editing systems (Adobe Premiere, Adobe After Effects, and related plug-ins and enhancement packages)
- Proven ability to work both independently and in teams.
Equal Opportunity Employer / Disability / Veteran
Columbia University is committed to the hiring of qualified local residents.