Senior Communications Manager - New York
- Full Time
Jewish National Fund seeks to recruit a Senior Communications Manager. This position will report to the Director of Communications and work closely with local campaign staff, the regional marketing account executives, and colleagues. The location for the position will be in the JNF Manhattan office.
What we are looking for:
The Senior Communications Manager will cover the day-to-day management of public and media relations for the organization within a region covering Florida and the Midwest as well as other departmental tasks as assigned. You should have a passion for Israel and sharing great stories about our multi-faceted work.
We are looking for impeccable writing and editing skills and a solid rolodex of media contacts, and proficiency in devising interesting news angles to pitch successfully to today’s busy media marketplace incorporating social media and conventional media distribution platforms. Key to this is maintaining, building on, and growing relationships with Jewish and secular media (locally and nationally), while sharing our great stories with various publics, constituents and audiences.
As a trusted media professional you will advise local fundraisers and executives on media strategy while writing, editing and issuing press releases/advisories, photo releases and submissions for calendar of events listings. At times you will manage local crisis communications and will regularly work with our national communications and marketing team on messaging, e-mails, annual publications, collateral, and author articles featuring Jewish National Fund programs and initiatives. Additionally, each week you will brainstorm with our Israel communications officer and communications team, developing our growing internal Wire reporting service and help produce content, story angles, and interviews that capture our broad work in Israel and our many beneficiaries.
You will also create original copy for marketing materials, letters to the editor, op-eds, talking points, official bios of staff and lay leaders and other corporate communications. Your demeanor and attitude must be collegial, fun and helpful as we work as a team and you will have a crucial role helping to extend our brand in large marketplaces. Some travel locally and internationally may be required.
- Excellent organizational and interpersonal skills
- Must have exceptional writing, editing, and research skills, perform well under pressure and above all, be a team player
- Five years or more of relevant experience in public relations and/or journalism and the media contacts to back it up.
- Passionate about our work. You understand the importance of Israel and want to help us continue to build and support the land and its people.
- Proven ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously
- Have the ability to adopt the style, tone, and voice of our organization for various types of content; a keen sense of editorial judgment; detail-oriented; and experience writing copy including articles, press releases, op-eds, talking points, and speeches.
- Pro-active and energetic; ability to work on own with minimal on-site daily supervision
- Some understanding of print production and the creative process
- Bachelor’s degree in Communications, Journalism, or English
- Knowledge of common style guides (e.g., AP, APA, Chicago) and how to apply them correctly
•Opportunity to Travel to Israel
•Dental & Vision
•Flexible Spending Account
•Employer-paid Life Insurance
•Employer-paid Short and Long-term Disability
•403(b) and Generous Employer Contributions