- Full Time
Our mission is to empower real people to be the trusted voice when it comes to product experiences and recommendations. Influenster is a product discovery platform and reviews app/site that enables consumers to explore new products and see thousands of reviews to make well-informed purchase decisions. With over 5 million members who have written over 35 million product reviews, We believe the consumer is the expert - everything we do and build as a company is centered around this philosophy.
We are a dynamic fast paced work environment where each person has a strong voice! We give a high level of responsibility to all our team members and we’re proud of our award-winning collaborative work environment. We value adaptability, willingness to help, and solutions minded individuals. We are always looking for ways to innovate and we value team members who bring fresh ideas to the table.
Creative Director Role:
Reporting to the President, the Creative Director is an accomplished leader who will bring a strong sense of brand and product centric design inspiration to Influenster’s design assets. The ideal candidate has an established track record of interactive design experience with branding, the creation of advertising materials, and assets for Web, Mobile, and Apps. In addition, this individual will have experience working with large consumer websites and online marketing campaigns with the ability to translate business objectives into creative expression.
The Creative Director will oversee design, art direction, production, videography, photography, the social team and freelancers focused on creating high-performance marketing campaigns to drive member acquisition, engagement, conversion, and repeat.
- Develop and execute strong design vision for Influenster brand across our app, mobile site and desktop site as well as for our marketing campaigns
- Partner with Product team to translate business goals into strong design elements that can deliver on key business metrics, elevate site design, and enable a strong user experience
- Develop strategic brand and marketing creative executed with excellence and leveraged across all touch points (including mobile and offline advertising); creative programs must meet KPI’s and advance our brand strategy
- Ensure designs and interfaces communicate consistent, effective experiences and messages across a wide range of deliverables; ensure design across all mediums are in alignment with core site and branding strategy
- Identify, sharpen, and evolve brand vision and value through creative communications
- Lead style guide development with product, brand, and engineering partners to enhance design and enable more consistent user experience across the web-site
- Own brand guidelines; manage and oversee development and sharing of identity assets and templates; development and management of all new and existing brand marks
- Provide quality control over concepts and projects
- Raise creative excellence and help infuse brand identity into corporate culture, embodying "Influenster Everywhere"
- Manage and elevate the Design, Social Media teams as well as freelancers. Provide coaching while ensuring each team member’s KPIs are being met
Desired skills and experience:
- Minimum of 8 years of experience leading and managing teams. Some of the 8 years must have been in a prior Creative Director role
- Experience with branding and the design/creation of advertising and promotional materials, including - but not limited to - digital and social ad formats/templates; OOH, print and video creative; logo lock-ups and award seals; etc.
- B.A. or higher in fine arts, graphic design, interactive design, or other design-related program
- Strong understanding of best practices related to email designs, responsive UX, and key social platforms
- Expert or advanced skills in Adobe Creative Suite (Photoshop, Illustrator, InDesign)
- Portfolio that demonstrates previous UX and interaction design work
- Background in branding and digital marketing
- Familiarity with CSS, HTML and web typography (Typekit etc.) and experience designing for mobile, tablet, and desktop
- Positive manager and team player with clear communication skills while working with cross-functional counterparts
- Experience with still photography, video, rich media formats like GIFs
- Previously worked in Media, Marketing or Tech focused organizations
- Experience working with clients - ability to translate business objectives into creative expression
The ideal candidate will:
- Possesses strategic vision but also the ability to execute and get their hands dirty
- Organized and detail-oriented - development and adherence to timelines
- Ability to work in fast-paced environment, pivot quickly
- An innate ability to simultaneously support creative goals and business objectives
- Opportunity for growth
- Fast-paced, high growth work environment
- Friendly, fun, and collaborative team-based work environment
- Diversity of work projects
- Frequent lunches and happy hours
- Dog friendly work environment
- Fully stocked fridge and cold brew
- Fun, creative, open, award-winning work space
- Health, dental, vision insurance, 401K
- Flexible PTO