Director of Business Development
3 days left
- Full Time
- Manages the development of new relationships to drive revenue for the DMS business working effectively within a matrixed organization. Formulates and administers business plans to meet revenue and profitability growth objectives.
- Identifies business opportunities through analyses of trends, forecast data, cost, operations and acts accordingly in close collaboration with all the relevant stakeholders.
- Play an active role in the strategic plan for DMS but coordinating the key activities related to the business growth.
- Acts as the market facing industry expert for DMS business, provides expertise and direction regarding new market trends.
- Interacts frequently with the DMS leadership team to review progress, opportunities and determine how new opportunities are prioritized and pursued.
- Develops, reviews, updates and implements business strategic planning, including sales, financial performance and new product development.
- Supports VP and AVP of DMS sales to increase sales efficiency and effectiveness. Reviews and analyzes all areas that impact the profitability and growth of the DMS business: software engineering and sales, accounting analysis, budgetary planning financial reporting, performance management, product, marketing.
- Synthesizes information from various sources to come up with recommendation that are data driven and focused on growth and meet customer requirement.
- Ensures operations are successfully implemented to ensure flawless execution on new opportunities while maintaining current customer base.
Contributes to the review, preparation and approval of accounting analysis for budgetary planning.
- Establishes strong relationships with existing and new customers and always seeks to understand their needs and requirements. Responds promptly with effective solutions.
- 5-10 years of professional experience, predominantly in a financial, strategic planning or business development capacity. 6+ years in corporate strategy or strategy consulting roles, including leadership experience preferred.
- Knowledge: Strong experience in strategic planning process, market research and analysis techniques and tools.
- Excellent communication and relationship ship skills.
- Strong analytical and research skills with ability to identify opportunities, risks and implications.
- Concise and clear verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to establish credibility as an internal thought leader on strategic and business issues
- Ability to work cross-functionally and collaboratively.
- Ability to interact with leadership at all levels of the organization
- Ability to interpret complex data and distill it into concise, relevant documents and presentations for an executive audience.
- Ability to think strategically, abstractly, in broad concepts and terms and apply to tangible plans and quantifiable business impacts.
- Passion for storytelling, developing fresh ideas, and translating market insights into compelling pitches.
- Ability to thrive in a fast paced growth-company environment (sense of urgency, adaptable, champion of change).
- Proficient in MS Office including Word, Excel, PowerPoint.
- Travel as needed (10%)
About Cox Automotive
Cox Automotive Inc. makes buying, selling and owning cars easier for everyone, while also enabling mobility services. The global company’s 34,000-plus team members and family of brands, including Autotrader®, Clutch Technologies, Dealer.com®, Dealertrack®, Kelley Blue Book®, Manheim®, NextGear Capital®, VinSolutions®, vAuto® and Xtime®, are passionate about helping millions of car shoppers, tens of thousands of auto dealer clients across five continents and many others throughout the automotive industry thrive for generations to come. Cox Automotive is a subsidiary of Cox Enterprises Inc., a privately-owned, Atlanta-based company with revenues exceeding $20 billion. www.coxautoinc.com
Cox is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer - All qualified applicants/employees will receive consideration for employment without regard to that individual’s age, race, color, religion or creed, national origin or ancestry, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, physical or mental disability, veteran status, genetic information, ethnicity, citizenship, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Statement to ALL Third-Party Agencies and Similar Organizations: Cox accepts resumes only from agencies with which we formally engage their services. Please do not forward resumes to our applicant tracking system, Cox employees, Cox hiring manager, or send to any Cox facility. Cox is not responsible for any fees or charges associated with unsolicited resumes.