Sales Operations Learning Consultant
- Full Time
The Sales Operations, Learning Consultant supports the Residential Sales Organization performance and learning needs through the development of training content and tactics that prepare Sales employees to achieve their goals and metrics. In this role, this individual is primarily responsible for creating learning content for use by the Sales Team within a short development cycle to support the changing needs of the business and to reinforce existing behaviors. Some of these training tactics may include quick reference guides, huddles, job aids, role-play scenarios, communication, articles, and short elearnings. This person will partner closely with the Sales Operations Learning Director and Managers to determine tactic and content needs. In addition, they will work closely with the following teams: Sales Operations, Field and COE Sales teams, and the Learning and Workforce Capability team. They will support training operations such as delivery planning, scheduling, tracking and communication as needed. They will partner with the Sales Operations Learning team and the Learning and Workforce Capability Strategists to evaluate and proof training content to ensure it is providing the appropriate level of instruction and skills development and that it is accurate. They will also measure tactic effectiveness and make recommendations based on results and feedback. They may participate in other training development as a content SME, conduct surveys post training, and host focus groups with Field and COE Sales teams. This individual will participate in the evolution and change leadership from channel specific programs and initiatives to capability focus. Channels supported include Inbound, Retail, Retention, Third Party Retail, DSCC, Direct Sales, MDU, etc. Primary Responsibilities and Essential Functions
- Creates sales training tactics to support Residential Sales Organization to reinforce existing behaviors or support quick changes in the business. Training content created could include topics such as product, pricing/packaging, systems, sales process, and policy updates for multiple sales channels.
- Works with internal partners to analyze and document training content requirements for assigned projects
- Understands current skill level of employees and assesses the skills required to meet future business goals
- Collaborates with Sales teams to incorporate the Voice of the Field in all initiatives
- Uses and applies instructional design theories and tools best suited for learning objective
- Determines delivery, communication, and assessment plan for tactics created
- Manages timelines and deliverables to meet just-in-time needs of the designated audience
- Secures content from vendors, cross-functional departments, and other parties as needed for training tactic development
- Analyzes current training material to find opportunities to improve content, delivery and results
- Assists in managing the training calendar
- Partners with Strategy leaders, Operations leaders, and Learning delivery team on training deployment and scheduling as it pertains to capacity planning and labor impact
- Perform administrative tasks such as scheduling classes, setting up systems and equipment, making facility / site reservations and coordinating enrollment as needed
- Plans, conducts, and/or participates in train the trainer events when needed
- Maintains catalog of knowledge resources including QRGs, Huddles, videos, etc.
- Proactively introduces new training tools and concepts into the training development process including video and audio
- Provides input to the Learning Managers and Director on employee learning strategy and assists in the execution of the learning strategy roadmap
- Contributes to training process improvements and participates in other projects as needed
- Spends time in market visiting sales locations and attending regional meetings as needed
- Proactive and ongoing collaboration and coordination with the Learning and Workforce Capability team on all projects and programs.
- 5 or more years of experience required in Sales or related field (i.e. Retail, Sales, Customer Service, etc.)
- 3 or more years of experience required if candidate possesses a related advanced degree
- 2 or more years of experience in developing training content
- Understanding of residential sales methodologies, best practices and their application in a variety of sales environments (Retail stores, call centers, OSP, etc.) sales process and the life of a Sales employee and key performance indicators
- Ability to develop materials that address various learning modalities to ensure maximum delivery effectiveness, including but not limited to: PowerPoint presentations for individual or small group instruction, self-study, blended learning, role play exercises, web-based learning, Quick Reference Guides, huddles, etc.
- Business understanding and working knowledge of the cable /communications industry, systems, and networks, as well as, current and emerging technologies and standards is very beneficial
- Leverages tools and technology to design, deploy and determine the effectiveness of training tactics created
- Ability to conduct ongoing analysis of training tactics to ensure end user satisfaction is met
- Strong program and project management skills
- Excellent interpersonal, leadership, presentation, and collaborative/consensus building skills to work effectively with teams throughout organization
- A strong passion for delivering an excellent customer experience
- Strong listening, problem solving skills and out of-box thinking
- Ability to work well independently and in a collaborative team environment
- Ability to multi-task with strong attention to detail while meeting deadlines in a fast-paced environment
- Excellent writing and verbal communication skills
- Requires strong knowledge of Microsoft Word, Excel, Powerpoint
- Operates under the highest degree of accuracy, business ethics, and integrity
- Demonstrates personal commitment to on-going development and models behaviors for continuous learning
- Intellectually curious and inquisitive, lean-forward personality
- Ability to thrive in a fast-paced environment and balance a variety of projects
- Ability to travel as necessary
- BS/BA degree in related discipline strongly desired (i.e. Marketing, Business, etc.).
- 2 or more years of experience in a management role or leading cross functional projects end to end preferred
- 3 or more years of Instructional Design experience
- Experience in telecommunications industry desired
- Experience in sales, retail, customer service, or employee training
About Cox CommunicationsCox Communications is committed to creating meaningful moments of human connection through broadband applications and services. The largest private telecom company in America, we proudly serve six million homes and businesses across 18 states. We're dedicated to empowering others to build a better future and celebrate diverse products, people, suppliers, communities and the characteristics that makes each one unique. Cox Communications is the largest division of Cox Enterprises, a family-owned business founded in 1898 by Governor James M. Cox.Cox is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer - All qualified applicants/employees will receive consideration for employment without regard to that individual's age, race, color, religion or creed, national origin or ancestry, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, physical or mental disability, veteran status, genetic information, ethnicity, citizenship, or any other characteristic protected by law.Statement to ALL Third-Party Agencies and Similar Organizations: Cox accepts resumes only from agencies with which we formally engage their services. Please do not forward resumes to our applicant tracking system, Cox employees, Cox hiring manager, or send to any Cox facility. Cox is not responsible for any fees or charges associated with unsolicited resumes.