Local Sales Director
Location: New York, New York
Function: Sales & Business Development
Specialty: Business Development, Sales
Level: Manager (Supervisor)
Duration: Full Time
Salary Description: competitive
Responsibilities are in line with the requirements listed below.
• Our ideal candidate has a minimum of 5 years broadcast sales management experience, with a proven track record of successful revenue generation as well as growing station shares; strong computer skills with particular proficiency in Excel and PowerPoint; as well as knowledge of traffic systems.
• Established Agency relationships at all Levels of the Media Organization and Direct Client contacts a plus
• Experience managing a sales team
• Thorough understanding of the New York Hispanic and General Market sales dynamics
• Engaged with the local community and willing to dedicate time outside of the workday to entertain and socialize with clients and business community leaders
• Understands how to communicate effectively and build strong internal and external relationships.
A leader that can multi-task and manage multiple projects
• Assumes a leadership role for local sales team to formulate sales goals and competitive advantage strategies in order to grow revenue and market share using the stations broadcast.
• Has a history of achieving budgets on multiple platforms
• Is a skilled negotiator who knows how to up-sell
• Strongly believes that new business is the only way to maximize growth and knows how to train, coach, and motivate Account Executives to thrive in business development
• Possesses an acute understanding of how to forecast future revenue
• Has the creativity to develop targeted, customer focused marketing solutions using multiple media products including but not limited to television, web, mobile, and multi-cast
• Has an excellent understanding of how to price effectively and manage inventory
• Takes full ownership of local budgets and revenue goals and is constantly developing strategies to overachieve
• Knows how to identify and recruit top talent
• Highly computer literate in all Microsoft Office products and ideally has experience with Wide Orbit
• Communicates clearly and consistently to upper management the station's inventory and pricing strategy, business development goals and current market conditions to drive results.
• Works closely with Traffic department on inventory and pricing strategies, along with special opportunity sales.
• Understands online and website sales execution/strategies.
• Working knowledge of the political sales process and paid programming sales a plus. Very strong negotiation skills
The following leadership skills are strongly desired:
• Effective verbal and written communication skills
• Ability to set strategy and tactically execute the sales strategy
• Ability to multi-task
• Should be assertive, high energy, independent, self-motivated, results oriented and possess a strong sense of urgency
• Demonstrated ability in problem solving and negotiation with special emphasis on closing the sale
• Exceptional planning, organizational and time management skills with the ability to multi-task in a deadline driven environment
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills including formal presentations before both small and large groups
At NBCUniversal, we believe in the talent of our people. It’s our passion and commitment to excellence that drives NBCU’s vast portfolio of brands to succeed. From broadcast and cable networks, news and sports platforms, to film, world-renowned theme parks and a diverse suite of digital properties, we take pride in all that we do and all that we represent. It’s what makes us uniquely NBCU. Here you can create the extraordinary. Join us.
NBCUniversal’s policy is to provide equal employment opportunities to all applicants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, creed, gender, gender identity or expression, age, national origin or ancestry, citizenship, disability, sexual orientation, marital status, pregnancy, veteran status, membership in the uniformed services, genetic information, or any other basis protected by applicable law. NBCUniversal will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with relevant legal requirements, including the City of Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative For Hiring Ordinance, where applicable.