NABET Staff Writer, Weekend Nightly News
Location: New York, New York
Specialty: Television & Film, Video
Level: Manager (Supervisor)
Duration: Full Time
Salary Description: competitive
Write and fact check all anchor copy, including teases, for daily broadcastCollaborate with anchor/managing editor, executive producer and senior producers to help set daily editorial agendaPitch and develop stories – long-term and news-of-dayMonitor wires, social media, internet for breaking news and videoWrite special reportsThis is a NABET News Writer position. Candidate must be willing to join NABET if not already a member.
• Must have at least 3 years of experience in writing for television (i.e. morning shows, cable shows, broadcast TV, etc.)
• Must have a Bachelor’s degree
• Must be willing and able to work flexible hours, under tight deadline pressure, including breaking news. Must be able to work additional hours beyond scheduled shift with little or no notice, if needed
• Must be willing to work in New York, NY
• Interested candidates must submit a resume/CV through nbcunicareers.com to be considered
• Desktop editing skills
• Strong time management skills
• Strong interpersonal skills
• Strong journalistic research and writing skills, including the ability to write teases
• Flexible to make necessary last-minute changes to the newscast
• Strong control room skills
• Must be well read - have knowledge of current events, politics and pop culture
• Must be proficient in social media
• Possess exceptional editorial skills: ability to recognize stories with high potential for provocative, compelling television
• Possess high level of accuracy and organization, ability to multi-task and prioritize assignments
At NBCUniversal, we believe in the talent of our people. It’s our passion and commitment to excellence that drives NBCU’s vast portfolio of brands to succeed. From broadcast and cable networks, news and sports platforms, to film, world-renowned theme parks and a diverse suite of digital properties, we take pride in all that we do and all that we represent. It’s what makes us uniquely NBCU. Here you can create the extraordinary. Join us.
NBCUniversal’s policy is to provide equal employment opportunities to all applicants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, creed, gender, gender identity or expression, age, national origin or ancestry, citizenship, disability, sexual orientation, marital status, pregnancy, veteran status, membership in the uniformed services, genetic information, or any other basis protected by applicable law. NBCUniversal will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with relevant legal requirements, including the City of Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative For Hiring Ordinance, where applicable.