WiseOldSayings Content Manager (Remote)
2 days left
- Full Time
WiseOldSayings, one of the oldest and largest quotation sites on the web, is seeking a seasoned and savvy Content Manager. With more than 30 million people visiting the site each year, and over 100,000 quotes that have been hand-selected and categorized by our team, our site has a substantial audience and base of content to work with. At the same time, the design and user interface of the site has not been updated in many years, and there is tremendous untapped potential across all aspects of the site.
Our goal is to be the #1 quotes and sayings site on the internet, and we believe we have the building blocks to get there. We are looking to bring on a highly creative self-starter who will lead the charge on exciting editorial and design initiatives that will bring WiseOldSayings into a more modern format and structure.
Our categorized quote lists are designed to inspire, educate, and entertain our readers, and you can help us make an even bigger impact by developing new content formats, improving our existing pages, and working with our team to overhaul our design. Great perks to joining our team include flexible hours and working remotely with a team that is passionate about making a positive impact on the lives of millions of readers each month.
Key responsibilities include:
- Editorial workflow: oversee and provide feedback to a remote team of freelance quote curators and editors; manage all recruiting processes and funnels
- Editorial strategy: maintain and improve writing manuals and style guides; generate an editorial calendar and launch new content strategies and formats
- Content operations: regularly monitor and analyze performance data to curate topic selection lists and make strategic and operational decisions
- Project management: collaborate on website enhancements and redesign; conduct market and user research to identify ways to improve our offerings
Our ideal candidate for this role is someone who has previously worked as a Content Manager, Editor, or Associate Editor at an online publishing company. Although prior experience working directly with quotations isn’t a requirement, taking delight in wise, humorous, and inspirational sayings is a must.
You’re the right fit if you’re a problem solver who thrives when working independently in a fast-paced, deadline-driven environment. You are highly organized and know your way around an Excel spreadsheet. You have an obsessive eye for detail and copyediting, and can dig into web analytics to make informed decisions. Most importantly, you are brimming with ideas that will help us take our operating processes, content standards, and online platform to the next level as we work to revamp our website in the coming months.
Requirements for this position include:
- 4-5 years content management experience, including hiring and managing writers and editors, maintaining editorial standards, and spearheading content initiatives
- Experience overseeing a high volume of content production and tracking KPIs
- Ability to work across teams to implement product, CMS, and design initiatives
- Working knowledge of SEO and web analytics
- High level of comfort working in Excel and doing basic data analysis
Prior experience launching and leading social media efforts a plus. Experience working remotely with a distributed team is preferred.